Stratovarius Unmasked!

Wounded Land

Sep 27, 2005
A Hotel Where Nobody Stays
I've been listening to Iceberg Radio a lot recently, and on the Progpower station the new Stratovarius single is in heavy rotation. I like the tune, but the chorus riff always seemed a bit over-familiar to me, like it was ripped off from some other song.

Last night, I finally figured it out: Salt 'N Pepa's "Shoop". I'm not kidding.

Best line from that tune: "Twelve inches to a yard/Have you moanin' like a retard."

NP: Mindflow

Yeah, but the song and "riffs" are so generic there are probably hundreds of songs you could say it "ripped off."

Wounded Land said:

Best line from that tune: "Twelve inches to a yard/Have you moanin' like a retard."

Ok, what the hell are you doing listening to Salt N' Pepa in the first place? That's pretty low man.

Thats lower than stroller tipping.

Wounded Land said:
I've been listening to Iceberg Radio a lot recently, and on the Progpower station the new Stratovarius single is in heavy rotation. I like the tune, but the chorus riff always seemed a bit over-familiar to me, like it was ripped off from some other song.

Whats Iceberg radio?

urinalcakemix said:
Ok, what the hell are you doing listening to Salt N' Pepa in the first place? That's pretty low man.

When I was in high school, Salt N' Pepa videos were played constantly on MTV. I remember coming home after school and crashing for a half-hour or so...I probably saw that video every day. In fact, if I ever hear the song, I can usually sing/rap along with the entire thing.

Image I am trying very hard to erase: a gap-toothed Pepa beckoning suggestively at the camera...*shiver*...

This was around the time when "Pull Me Under" and Rush's "Stick It Out" were actually getting some airplay. Fat chance of seeing anything off of "Octavarium" or "Vapor Trails" now, eh?

And, btw, Iceberg Radio is a pretty bitchin' internet radio station (www.icebergradio.com).