Stride

Nightmare1z

Jun 24, 2002
Marietta, GA
Hey, I'm recently picked up Stride's 2 CD's (Music Machine and Bah Humbug). I'm normally not really into insturmental music (MM) but it was actually quite a good CD. Bah Humbug being their Christmas CD - pretty good as well.

Just wondering if their release for this year is going to be out in time for PP?

It's only 2 months away now, and their website doesn't tell me anything

Thanks!

From what I've read on this forum, it looks like the album comes out after Progpower, but will be available at Progpower. So we can listen to the album on Saturday before Stride hits the stage.

Hmmm, someone should schedule a listening party for Saturday. Or maybe even Friday night after the show if you guys are crazy enough.

I could be wrong, but I believe Ken mentioned (on this board or the PM board) that he's going to have the Stride disc available at ProgPower.

It's my understanding as well that their album will be exclusively available at PPUSA as well...well before the scheduled release date...

Rock on!

Alright, thanks a bunch!

Do you guys think they'll play anything from Music Machine possibly? There's a couple songs on there I wouldn't mind seeing.

Awesome if that's true. Borrowed Time and Travesty are my faves from it, and Travesty just probably wouldn't work well live (at least at PP for an opening band)

I really like that song, that was on the bands section of the main website, but that is the only material I have eer heard. I would like to get a hold of this new material though. I hate going to a concert without hearing a good amount of the bands music

Peace

Their song called Face The Day is available on their website (linked below), in the Media section. That song also made the PPUSA5 sampler CD as well (if you have it).

At PPUSA5, they were distributing copies of their demo CD, which had 3 songs: Imagine, How Far, and Face The Day. After spinning that demo for the past 10 months, it gets me totally stoked for the rest of their upcoming album.

Rock on!

basically just wanted to chime in again and say that i hope everyone is ready for Stride to completely tear things up at PPVI. Might be getting a bit ahead of things, but i cant wait to see Stride return in a slot with a longer setlist, i NEED to hear it ALL!!!!!!!!!!

Stride absolutely blew me away when they played the pre-party. I'm glad to see they're getting a shot to play the big room. They're the band I'm looking forward to most on Saturday night. If you like progressive, flawlessly executed music, you'll lile Stride.

Their new disc is a definite blind buy for me.

Zod

General Zod said:
Stride absolutely blew me away when they played the pre-party. Zod

Same here. They were going to get a spot on the main stage as soon as they had an album ready with vocals. There was no hesitation at all.

Glenn H.

Harvester said:
Same here. They were going to get a spot on the main stage as soon as they had an album ready with vocals. There was no hesitation at all.
Would you ever book an all instrumental act for PP? Perhaps one with some "star power", like Liquid Tension Experiment?

Zod

Harvester said:

Glenn H.

Hmmm, I guessing they have a sound close to Circus Maximus. If they're remotely close to the Circus, then I'll dig em' to no end!

General Zod said:
Would you ever book an all instrumental act for PP? Perhaps one with some "star power", like Liquid Tension Experiment?

Zod

Honestly, no. I don't enjoy instrumental acts 90% of the time and I am at the point where the festival is going to do well based on the bands I select instead of just "star" power.

I'll explain more in the dvd.

Glenn H.