Stride

edgeofthorns said:
Hmmm, I guessing they have a sound close to Circus Maximus. If they're remotely close to the Circus, then I'll dig em' to no end!

I assume you checked out the mp3 in the audio section? They fall on the melodic prog side of things, but do not sound like CM.

Glenn H/

in regards to booking a strictly instrumental band for PP, that made me think about Stride possibly playing future PP shows in a higher slot. reason being is they only have 2 albums, and one without vocals. wonder if there are any existing lyrics written for Music Machine, or would they do just fine mixing in instrumental tracks into a future PP setlist? your views on that glenn?

Agreed, the songs are good and have a wide range of styles mixed in. Unlike TSO which you can pretty much always tell when Paul O'Neil has written/produced it. Not that I don't like TSO, but I've seen them 4-5 years now, and I've seen almost the same show every year. :)

Careful Glen... If you don't think star power makes the show, consider that me and 2 of my friends are coming this time ONLY because of Angra. We'd like to see some other bands, but Angra is why we're coming. Nobody else in the lineup comes close to making the travel and cost worthwhile.

Glenn gets it, don't worry. He knows you have to have major draws. Edguy and Kamelot sold me the ticket last year, this year is Stratovarius and Angra.

Somehow I don't think he'd sell out if Crystal Eyes and Heavenblast were headlining.

BTW, no offense intended to those two bands. It's just they aren't well known enough to sell out 1000+ seat theaters at the top of a bill. Only a few bands can really do that.

requiem99 said:
Careful Glen... If you don't think star power makes the show, consider that me and 2 of my friends are coming this time ONLY because of Angra. We'd like to see some other bands, but Angra is why we're coming. Nobody else in the lineup comes close to making the travel and cost worthwhile.

I was actually referring to the bigger names like Dream Theater side projects, etc. After all these years, I think I know what I'm doing in terms of how to book it. I sold this one out in 3 days, which is a record.

As for your other comment, your opinion counts but I'm glad its in the definite minority.

Glenn H.

star power or not, you gotta admit that sometimes the bigger acts can get outshined by some of the lesser known bands. ive come to expect that from PP, and wouldnt want it any other way. for instance, i completely anticipate Stride to really emerge as a crowd favorite this year, more so than they may already be. star power certainly sells tickets, but its the lesser known bands who sometimes steal the show, and keep catch people off guard.

rockyracoon said:
Bah Humbug is very cool!!! They need to plan some shows around Xmas time and pull out some of that material.

They used to do some shows locally at Christmas time. They may still, but I haven't heard about one in a few years.............

I actually saw Bah Humbug before I even knew about Stride. They both kick ass! :cool:

Hello to everyone, this is Joel, guitarist for Stride. We are really looking forward to the upcoming show and hope everyone can get there early enough to see us play. I also wanted to mention that we now have a forum going on at our website which is www.strideonline.com and would love to hear from more of our fans. See you all real soon

This is SOOO gonna rock. Stride is absolutely amazing, as proven by Music Machine, AND their pre-party performance. I remember knowing almost every song(since I've had Music Machine for a LONG time now) at the pre-party, and having people come up to me and ask "Who ARE these guys? They SMOKE!"

It's so satisfying to have others agreee with you, eh?

Joel and the rest of Stride, I look forward to seeing you again, and maybe getting to speak with you a bit.

I can't wait to get the new disc in my hands. My most anticipated release of the year, bar none.

See you there,
Kez