strings

How could you use heavy picks?!?! They're just so cumbersome, and u dont get such a well defined sound as u get with the hard thinner ones. I use 0.6mm and they're great for pretty much everything.

As for strings I've been using d'addario light top heavy bottoms, cos some dude at the music store suggested that config, but I think i'll just go back to the standard ones cos they feel a bit nicer.

I use .6's (well .63's specifically) as well, basically because I have a poor picking technique (I'll admit it, I can't pick for shit). I have a great time with a particular 0.4mm pick I have.

That being said, the best tone I get is from a 1.3mm sharp tipped pick, the difference is pretty big.

Yeah as long as its got the sharp tip u get a great sound. The .6 that i have is pretty solid too with the way i play so for me there isnt much of a difference between that and 1.3mm. As long as its not an acoustic pick, cos those things fuck me over real bad. They're just sooooo slow!!

I use D'Andrea 1.21 mm Delrins. Best pick I've found.

Heavier gauge doesn't snag on the strings as much as the lighter picks do, in my experience. The heavier gauge makes the pick slide across the strings easier and allows you (me, anyway) to pick faster.

Eternal Dragon said:
How could you use heavy picks?!?! They're just so cumbersome, and u dont get such a well defined sound as u get with the hard thinner ones. I use 0.6mm and they're great for pretty much everything.
I just find heavier picks to be more comfortable. Thin picks always feel so flimsy and delicate.

ABQShredHead said:
I use D'Andrea 1.21 mm Delrins. Best pick I've found.

Heavier gauge doesn't snag on the strings as much as the lighter picks do, in my experience. The heavier gauge makes the pick slide across the strings easier and allows you (me, anyway) to pick faster.
Yeah I guess it comes down to what you want..... faster picking or more defined sound :).

I use Ernie Ball regular slinky
I perfer Ernier Ball over D'addario strings
For the record, I use 1.5mm dunlop gator grip picks and 1.2mm tortex picks : )

Feel_The_Force said:
I use Big Stubbys.
I thought Big Stubbies are 3.0. And you said you use 2.0.

And my bandmates have officially adopted a new name for the 2.0 gator grips, and that's the Bergsohn Pick. And that's because I always give them out to everyone, and then they ALWAYS go out and buy several packs, because they're that awesome.:kickass:Although, we're still waiting on the version that has my face on it instead of an alligator. :D

Ptah Khnemu said:
I thought Big Stubbies are 3.0. And you said you use 2.0.

And my bandmates have officially adopted a new name for the 2.0 gator grips, and that's the Bergsohn Pick. And that's because I always give them out to everyone, and then they ALWAYS go out and buy several packs, because they're that awesome.:kickass:Although, we're still waiting on the version that has my face on it instead of an alligator. :D
Lol, everyone at my school used Tortex picks untill I gave out like 3525 Dunlop Jazz III picks to the guitarists... All of them except one switched to the Jazz picks :D

1.0 custom made :D

and one 0.88 pickboy

I have 2 other ones, both 0.7, but I don't use them very often