Student Government people should die

Lunar Still

Doodle drawrer
Jan 14, 2006
Louisville
russelljackson.bigcartel.com
I'm sitting in University Center eating my lunch and browsing the intarweb as I frequently do, thinking about the three hours of sleep I got last night and the nap I'm about to take out in my car, when the dude with the clipboard shows up. People with clipboards are always a bad sign.

He asks me to sign his petition to grant the Student Government something or other, and I say, "No thanks." Instead of saying "OK, thanks anyway" and moving along, he has to ask why. Of course, getting rid of these guys can't be that easy, what fun would that be?

I tell him I'm apathetic towards the SGA (which I am). He gets this astonished look on his face; my God, what kind of a world do we live in where people wouldn't get down on their knees and suck off the school mascot?

He asks if I'm apathetic towards the national government. I'm not, but I think perhaps this guy will just leave if he thinks I really don't give a shit. So I say "yeah, basically." Oh no, now he has to go on a rant. It's perfectly worded, so he probably rehearsed it in the bathroom mirror this morning in between his toothbrush renditions of various alternative rock hits.

He explains how apathetic people are the reason we have assholes in the government now (which is true enough, but I'm still not signing his petition just for the sake of making him go away), and when I say "Thanks for the lecture," he replies that I might not be so apathetic when I see more and more of my rights taken away (dat was under da POE disc, yoo n00b), and that "I hope you're happy when you've been getting butt-fucked the rest of your life."

I said "I'll keep that in mind."

I've really got to keep my mp3 player on in UC.

HA classic.

People do need to sometimes keep thier opinions to themselves in those cases. They should just say " thank you for your time " and move along.

BUT SG people REALLY like to grandstand, they are after all our future leaders. :Smug:

please told me you dropped the line "are you finished?" at least once during that conversation. thats always a big "fuck you" to someone whoe feels the need to share thier mental garbage with someone else.

i'd just say "ok, now, to be fair, can i have 5 minutes of YOUR time to rant to you about something you obviously dont give a shit about?"

please told me you dropped the line "are you finished?" at least once during that conversation. thats always a big "fuck you" to someone whoe feels the need to share thier mental garbage with someone else.

:lol: Aye. Or, rubbing your eyes like you've just been woken up, squinting at them - and sighing if you wish - and saying, "sorry, did you just say something?". Always works. That said, it'll only provoke them further, and won't get rid of them.

:lol: Aye. Or, rubbing your eyes like you've just been woken up, squinting at them - and sighing if you wish - and saying, "sorry, did you just say something?". Always works. That said, it'll only provoke them further, and won't get rid of them.
Next time some religious fanatic or ranting college kid annoys me, I will use that one. I've used the "are you finished yet?" line, but surprisingly, it doesn't work that well. They just say "no, I'm not finished yet".

I would have kept him going. I love to screw with people like that. It would've been really funny if you'd pretended to come on to him.

I would have kept him going. I love to screw with people like that. It would've been really funny if you'd pretended to come on to him.

:lol: That would certainly have been true Neverboard style, but I hadn't had much sleep and I really didn't feel like talking to this guy for very long. Had I a friend or two there, I might have said something a little more funny, because I am a comic whore.

Next time some religious fanatic or ranting college kid annoys me, I will use that one. I've used the "are you finished yet?" line, but surprisingly, it doesn't work that well. They just say "no, I'm not finished yet".

Heh. I actually meant to say "yawning", as opposed to "sighing". Come to think of it, they both work.:)