Studio report #3

Mar 14, 2002
Malmö
www.skyfireonline.net
Ok, time for number three...

It's friday night in the studio. Jocke, Andreas and I just grabed a pizza and had a couple of beers. After that we decided to sit back and listen to what we have accomplished so far. I can't describe the feeling you get when you hear the stuff coming together with a great sound. Right now we have just a rough mix and many details missing but it still sounds amazing.

6 songs have now been completed on drums... Jocke is doing an amazing job!! He has a lot of cool influences and when he puts them all together the rest of just look at each other and laugh because it sounds so cool!

Today we have been experimenting a little with Martin's songs because we had time over. I tried some clean vocals on one song as a complement to Henrik's screaming, the others thought it was but I think I will need to practice a little more... Martin will try as well when he arrives. There will most certainly be some clean vocal choirs on a couple of refrains.. just to enhance the feeling :)

Henke left us today because he is going mix the sound for Carnal Forge and a couple of other bands at some gig in Västerås, but he will get back here with Martin tomorrow. It will be very interesting to see what Martin thinks of the thing's we've done.

I can also tell you that we wrote a new song last night. It's an epic one with lot's of paino and many variations. Jocke is rehearsing the drums as we speak!

That's all for now..
See ya!

/Jonas

PS. Due to lack of bandwidth and time I won't be able to read/reply to your posts until I get out of here! ;)

@ SD: I really can and DO understand your euphory about your (or one of your) fave band (cos I'm alike with my fave bands), but saying things like "not many melodic metal bands do clean vocals" is either you're underrating other bands or overrating your general awareness of bands :err:
don't get me wrong and take my words as offence, please. but it sounds really odd when you place such quotes *shakes head*

Great fuckin news, I knew you guys would get around to a new song in those evening hours :D Sounds like Jocke is the man too, good luck to em on the rest of the songs :headbang:

Good luck guys!

I will be so fucking amazed if this album is better than Timeless Departure. I just decided the other day that that album is in my top ten of all time so if this one is better, it would be quite the accomplishment.

I don't think everytime somebody complimets Skyfire it should be considered kissing thier ass. I would be saying these same things about them even if Jonas didn't read the board.

Originally posted by IcedEarth556
I don't think everytime somebody complimets Skyfire it should be considered kissing thier ass. I would be saying these same things about them even if Jonas didn't read the board.

agreed.......we're fans of the band, personally there in my top 5 of all time bands, so why shouldnt we praise them? Go Skyfire :headbang:

i too can not wait to hear this new master piece in the making, especially the "epic" 1.

as far as the topic of ass kissing goes, i think there is a definate line between compliments and ass kissing, and in my view no one has passed that linesince ive been posting here.

and just to follow suit, Skyfire are also in my top 10 bands.

Here are my top ten bands.
10.Opeth
9.Amorphis
8.Dark Tranquillity
7.Skyfire
6.Testament
5.Blind Guardian
4.Children of Bodom
3.Metallica
2.Iced Earth
1.In Flames

Here are a handful of my favourite metal bands, not in any order cause i cant decide:

Children Of Bodom,
Metallica,
Skyfire,
Dimmu Borgir,
Cradle Of Filth,
HIM,
Arch Enemy.

i also like quite a bit of old stuff like:

David Bowie,
Supertramp,
Focus,
Gong,
Gentle Giant,
Boston.

Looks like good work is in progress :) Hope you have a great time and Remember... The force is with you.. always...

and about fav bands.. I'll see what skyfire will achieve with this record, right now they are not among my top five, I need some more material first ;).. :loco:

Guess Ill join in and say my fav bands :lol:

1. In Flames
2. Dark Tranquillity
3. Blind Guardian
4. Skyfire
5. Iron Maiden

:D

Of course those vary from time to time, and yes, im afraid im confused by Opacity now too :p

Ok...

1. Nightwish/Sinergy

That's the only stabile one :p

The rest are now Dream Theater, GAMMA RAY, Blind Guardian, After Forever...and Skyfire, who sucessfully replaced CoB on my list.

Death
Emperor
The Shining
Testament
Vital Remains
Opeth
Sumeria
Summoning
Judas Iscariot
Horna
won't put Skyfire there after only one album, but maybe after this one? hehheheh