studio report

pagan2002

danny cavanagh
Apr 30, 2002
Visit site
week one of the new album has gone very well. we recorded live together for the first time since eternity, and so far it sounds great. we have been overdubbing guitars and bass, but the athmosphere of recording together with the drums was good. experience has taught us not to over do the recording process, and so we are just maximising the sounds we have, rather than recording too many things. me and vinny have gone back to basics with the approach of the guitars, keeping things simple, and when needed, as loud as possible! the next 2 weeks will tell if we really can pull this album out of the bag or not. lets hope it goes ok.
cheers, danny.
20/7/03 :wave:

fucking smashing lad, make use of that cracking voice of vinny's, fuckin' make some gorgeous music and stick some monster crazy bastard tracks in there too, smashing can't wait, roll on autumn

Ive got the new album already on vinyl
anathema1.jpg

we are mixing now and i think it sounds good. i feel that this album will be popular with the fans. its the kind of thing they (and i) like. and also, i can stand by it because its based on real shit. not a word of a lie on it. ok its not really everything we represent, but its an album that means something and is about something and the tunes are good and the songs are good.
and its proper doom

a few of you might actually go 'holy fuck!'