Studio Update From Jon Schaffer: "I'm Very Happy"

PurpleCrayonWriter

Just a Kid at Heart
Hey All,

This just in from Jon. Looks like the work in the studio is going remarkably well!

Bill

July 12, 2011

Hello Friends,

All is well here as we are pushing forward with master tracking the new album "Dystopia."

We have finished drums and rhythm guitars and are right on schedule. I'll be heading to Europe tomorrow for a few festival dates and then right back to work in the studio on Monday. Jim Morris and I are having a great time, as usual, and are very much looking forward to starting vocal tracks with "Stucifer" next week!

Stu Block has contributed a lot to the vocal parts on this record, with co-writing credits on 10 out of 12 songs, and I'm very happy with our chemistry and what we've accomplished together so far. And we're just getting started.

Here are a few titles for you to ponder...

Dystopia
Anthem
Days of Rage
Soylent Green
V
Boiling Point
Tragedy and Triumph
Anguish of Youth
Iron Will

Just a little update for you guys. It's a crazy-busy summer. But I'll try to update you as often as I can!

Take care,

Jon

I'd love to hear some vocal samples right now. I wonder which songs from the back catalog are getting rerecorded his time around.

I dont know but I would kick a puppy to hear what Stu sounds like singing old/new Iced Earth stuff