Stuttering?

chdrummer

Oct 24, 2007
I've been hearing some amazing sounding instrument/vocal stuttering going on lately and want to know how everyone is doing it! The only way in know to do it is just slice it up on the grid and just take some of the region out. How is everyone creating this effect? :D

I'd just like to mention, however, that the novelty of glitch has 100% worn off for me, and that stuttering type of sound can now join the ranks of the "tuning FM radio effect" and "putting on an old LP effect" as ultimate cliche IMO! :loco:

I'd just like to mention, however, that the novelty of glitch has 100% worn off for me, and that stuttering type of sound can now join the ranks of the "tuning FM radio effect" and "putting on an old LP effect" as ultimate cliche IMO! :loco:

Sure, but so are subdrops and breakdowns, in moderation they're pretty cool :D

btw, I wouldn't mess around with that glitch plugin, just slice it to the grid and do some shit with it, way better to control...

Well breakdowns I personally despise without exception, but they're different because they're a songwriting choice, rather than an effect - and subdrops are more subtle, so they're less obvious and thus less likely to become contrived ;) Glitch and the other two I mentioned, however, sound very specific, and thus get older that much faster! All IMO, of course, but I think my logic is sound :D

I can't understand people hating "breakdowns" in general... Maybe the syncopated one note chugging breakdowns popular amongst the whole deathcore scene, but there are a million other types of breakdowns than that... Suffocation are the masters of the breakdown and what they do is nothing like what any crabcore band would play :lol:

Yeah, but I'm not really a big Suffo fan either, so that doesn't really apply - and I feel confident in saying I hate breakdowns I guess because I have a relatively specific definition of them (mainly when they feel out of place and are very obviously the "Ok everybody, it's moshin' time!" section, how subtle :rolleyes: Rather than, say, simply a groovy half-time section of a song). And the tempo-change ones are the worst :ill: I don't see what's so hard to understand about that ;)

Well breakdowns I personally despise without exception

I hate breakdowns I guess because I have a relatively specific definition of them (mainly when they feel out of place and are very obviously the "Ok everybody, it's moshin' time!" section, how subtle Rather than, say, simply a groovy half-time section of a song)

So which is it? :lol: I know you're not a Slayer fan but the breakdown in Angel of Death is a totally different game than an Attack Attack song...

See, that's what I'm saying, I personally don't consider that a breakdown in the least, but rather just a whole new part of the song (because it has multiple sections to it, mainly, rather than just one chugging mosh part)

However, what I would consider a breakdown is that, well, breakdown in that "You are so fucking beautiful" Suffo song, and, well...not really a fan :erk:

And some might say this is WOT, but then again, the OP's question was answered with the first reply, so I don't feel so bad :D

I can't understand people hating "breakdowns" in general... Maybe the syncopated one note chugging breakdowns popular amongst the whole deathcore scene, but there are a million other types of breakdowns than that... Suffocation are the masters of the breakdown and what they do is nothing like what any crabcore band would play :lol:

+1