Suggest me a bass guitar VSTi that can sound good for death metal

spycam

Ruination
Sep 12, 2006
www.ruination.lt
Hi,
can you give me some recommendations on Bass guitar VSTi that i could use for programming bass tracks for death metal kind of music, and what would sound close to realistic bass?

Thanks in advance

Oof Wow, Trillian is $299. You can grab a bass off Rondo music and a DI for that much. Well I guess I couldn't say which would sound better since I have never used Trillian. But with a real bass, you don't have to mess with MIDI, just play it with a pick like guitar. Especially for something like Death Metal. It is hard to "trem pick" one note on a keyboard haha.

I'm using scarbee Jay-bass, very good samples, but finger played.
Does someone know if Trillian is on the same league? Cause there's p-bass played with pick and I don't know how it sound, if it worth the little extra from scarbee's one or not.

Oof Wow, Trillian is $299. You can grab a bass off Rondo music and a DI for that much. Well I guess I couldn't say which would sound better since I have never used Trillian. But with a real bass, you don't have to mess with MIDI, just play it with a pick like guitar. Especially for something like Death Metal. It is hard to "trem pick" one note on a keyboard haha.

I used to think this but I never use my bass anymore. I don't have to practice the bass part, worry about strings etc, and it sounds better than my bass playing in the end.

I'm using scarbee Jay-bass, very good samples, but finger played.
Does someone know if Trillian is on the same league? Cause there's p-bass played with pick and I don't know how it sound, if it worth the little extra from scarbee's one or not.

IMO Trilian is way better than scarbee.

And do Trillian go to low B tuning with the pick played samples?

Yes.

Wow... well I took some time and checked out the demo vids. I have to say the acoustic bass samples are worth the price of admission alone. Then add the slap bass and jaco bass, killer. Might have to pick this up for myself.