Suggest me a good TS/Boost Pedal!

Ermz

¯\(°_o)/¯
Apr 5, 2002
Melbourne, Australia
www.myspace.com
Hey guys,

I'm after a boost pedal to have as an option alongside my Custom TS.... the only catch is that I want it to be a lot more transparent than a regular TS.

Here are the main points:

- I do NOT want the mid-hump. Transparency across the frequency spectrum is a bonus.
- High-pass effect is highly desirable.
- A 'tone' or 'mid' knob in a useful position (~500 to 800Hz) is a huge bonus.

Any candidates?

Maybe the Krankshaft? They designed a TS style pedal without the mid hump. Never used one myself but was looking into getting one before to go along side my tubescreamers and TS style pedals as a different flavour.

Are you interested in Clean boost pedal? It doesn't have so much output as TS, but it's clean. It's custom built pedal by my friend, or he can make mods to TS (which he also builds) according to your specs.

427764_1964930738472_1698990328_988507_413039449_n.jpg

390696_1786141028841_1698990328_921461_600077872_n.jpg

You guys might not have read it, but I already own an 808 design with the mid hump. Getting another would be redundant.

@if6was9: You sure this thing doesn't impart the typical Krank horridness?

@4Eyes: Would he be able to mod it to have mostly a high-pass effect, clean boost and possibly a bleed-off effect for the super-highs (12kHz+)?

I'll ask him and let you know, but it shouldn't be a problem for him IMO

Why not a 10-band EQ pedal?

This. Get whatever TS and then just put some sort of EQ pedal that lets you knock down that 800k area, or even better, buy a parametric eq pedal so you can fine tune that freq.

Sorry I forgot to mention, turning the 'Tone' knob into a mid boost/cut centered between 500Hz to 800Hz would be epic too! Thanks for checking.

you have a PM from me with request for details about the OD/boost of your dreams :heh:

Asking for a TS without the mid-hump seems a bit counter intuitive to me; the mid-hump is precisely why its favoured over other pedals, a lot of the time anyways. Maybe try a ProCo RAT or a Fulltone OCD ??

Xotic BB preamp. with the drive set to zero, you can use the level to boost and have bass and treble controls.

Nobels ODR-1

I've been trying to use it like a tubescreamer, but I don't think it has the mid hump at all.

DSC_0070-1.jpg

I traded a solid state fender amp like 8 years ago for a ton of pedals, sold the rest and kept this one after falling in love with it for cover band stuff. I was gonna sell it, but found out that it was going for like $200 (at the time) cause dudes were jacking off about it on the internet. lol.

I really like Fulltone pedals quite a bit and the OCD is a really nice alternative if you are looking for something voiced differently from a Tube Screamer, but if you are looking for more of a clean boost you might want to look at the Fulltone Fat-Boost 3 - it offers up to 35db of clean, non-distorted gain. I don't have it yet (have had my eye on it for a while now, but have played through it several times at my local guitar shop). It does a nice job at not altering your tone and can be used in conjunction with other pedals to give them a little more juice or to drive amps a little harder than you can going direct.

It's a very nice clean boost pedal if that's what your after.

Asking for a TS without the mid-hump seems a bit counter intuitive to me; the mid-hump is precisely why its favoured over other pedals, a lot of the time anyways. Maybe try a ProCo RAT or a Fulltone OCD ??

This has been my experience as well. Low cut = mid hump. If my Clean Boost/OD circuit in one design turns out, I'll let you know. Currently out for testing.