Suggest me a good TS/Boost Pedal!

you want this one:

5f190c52.jpg

I'm a fresh endorser of that company, their webpage should be up soon, it's exactly what you want...and you can blend the clean signal back in

www.laffing-dog.com

Nobels ODR-1

I've been trying to use it like a tubescreamer, but I don't think it has the mid hump at all.

DSC_0070-1.jpg

I traded a solid state fender amp like 8 years ago for a ton of pedals, sold the rest and kept this one after falling in love with it for cover band stuff. I was gonna sell it, but found out that it was going for like $200 (at the time) cause dudes were jacking off about it on the internet. lol.

Finally someone who acknowledges the ODR-1! such a good underrated gem.

Sorry for the shameless spam, ahah, but the pedal you're searching for seems fairly simple to design with the exact specs you need...
If you're interested in a 100% custom work (circuit + look), drop me a line and we can discuss the specs in deeper details.
We can even create a virtual simulation of the circuit (VST/AU) before starting to build the hardware, so we can adjust the features (frequencies, bandwidth, filters slope, gain, etc.) according to your needs and then build the real pedal...

Check the site in my signature to see some of our works :)

@mods: feel free to delete this post if you consider it inappropriate! :Spam:

Ermz, why dont you get an EQ pedal like the MXR Kerry King sig ? 10 bands, volume boost, blah blah blah, even works as a splitter. Had one, sounded very good.

I can't believe the Boss SD-1 hasn't been suggested.

I'd definitely say there's less of a mid spike to it than a Tubescreamer.

It definitely has the sorta highpass effect a TS has. Perhaps even a bit more pronounced, IME.

The tone knob isn't probably a mid knob like you want it, but it is only 40 bucks, and still a well-constructed, solid pedal that's moddable.

From experience, the Ibanez Vintage reissue has way less honk and more bottom than the Maxon Od 808, but those are the only two i've used.

I can't believe the Boss SD-1 hasn't been suggested.

I'd definitely say there's less of a mid spike to it than a Tubescreamer.

It definitely has the sorta highpass effect a TS has. Perhaps even a bit more pronounced, IME.

The tone knob isn't probably a mid knob like you want it, but it is only 40 bucks, and still a well-constructed, solid pedal that's moddable.

Don't get me wrong, I fucking ADORE the SD-1 and use it all the time when appropriate for the GTR that was used, player, can, etc.... BUT, in my extensive experience with it, it is FAR MORE agressive in the mids/higher mids than a regular ol' TS-9.

And yes, the low-end roll-off is quite extreme but that's the beauty of it with GTR DI's that are just a bit TOO fatty, the SD-1 tightens the SHIT out of the low-end and, IMO, the best part about it is how it enhances pick attack like a MOTHERFUCKER.

What's up with that Nobels pedal? I WANT ONE! Haha, what's it all about?

Have you considered building your own clone byoc.com make some cool kits with great instructions that include mods.

You can build your own pedal what ever way you like.

Having said all that after building 3 different overdrive kits and moding them
As well as buying two reputable od pedals I know use an mxr 10 band eq for my boost

What's up with that Nobels pedal? I WANT ONE! Haha, what's it all about?

Seems interesting to me too. I didn't hear of it until Siguros brought it up a few weeks ago, now it's all I hear about. Supposedly it's like a tubescreamer overdrive with a mid/no mid knob... sounds fun.