Suggestions on mix, Real Drums, sort of Alice In Chains

holy shit...i had to start over cause some how I managed to import the waves wrong and everything was slowed down and pitched down a whole step or so.
I think ive got things where i want them now but on my laptop speakers the vocals are sounding way to loud right now. Let me know what to change.
I don't know what the guy used to track this stuff. i know he has an "Eleven" protools interface which i'm pretty sure is what all the electric guitars are. but the rest is unknown to me.

Thanks guys for the feedback

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2726305/Silence Try 2.mp3

dude this sounds really good

acoustics are awesome and I love the roominess of the drums. The snare does need to come up

Vocals fuckin kill

Bass could use some volume automation in spots or maybe a multi-band comp but overall this sounds great

Thanks for Listening and helping guys. I will get the snare up , and will see about automating some of the bass parts, Thanks again for the feedback!

Is this your friend's band?
Who is this. It really does sound like AIC.

Guys name is Cameron he lives In Austin. I dont have a clue what the name of there band is but will find out later today. This was a last minute thing sent to me, i wasnt aware the guy even had a band till two days ago.

Haha, ok, now it sounds a _lot_ better :lol:

Seriously, that's a really nice mix. You could bring the snare up a dB or so at some places and get vocals a bit more prominent, but it's really good already. Great job. The acoustic guitar in the intro sounds really nice.

Thanks all around for the great feedback everybody. However i think the guy is going to back out on me now since they recorded their previous CD at some monster studio in Austin with a big name producer who pretty much rapes my mix. There old stuff is here

http://awakeatdawnband.com/fr_home.cfm

I'm not sure how to handle it since they tracked this Song themselves and did a mediocre job. I'm mixing it for only $50 bucks and have spent about 15 hours on it so far. They are having it mastered buy a place called UMG mastering which i don't have a clue about whether they will do a decent job or not. I am probably screwed.