Suggestions Requested for...

horggard

grr--hiss--snarl
Jun 17, 2001
Visit site
well, i just sold my old PC (2 years--real old, ay?) and so i have a few bucks to spend and thought i'd get some suggestions for between 5 and 10 CD purchases.

needless to say since i'm a subscriber of LotFP, i like my metal to be unique and of great quality, whatever subgenre in which it might be.

thanks for any help anyone might be!
garth

Well, I don't know what you own, nor do I know what you like, but I'll take a shot.

Fleurety
In the Woods...
Primordial
Die Verbannten Kinder Evas
Hollenthon
Arcane Sun

Well, I tried

Fleurety - I've heard *of* them, but never their output

In the Woods... - got 3 cd's from them

Primordial - have 2 cd's from them

Die Verbannten Kinder Evas - never even heard of these guys--can someone give more info on them...?

Hollenthon - one of the guys from PS, right? got it

Arcane Sun - once again, never even heard of these guys--can someone give more info on them...?

tank ye!:)

Originally posted by horggard
Fleurety - I've heard *of* them, but never their output

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

HIGHEST recommendations for Min Tid Skal Komme (blackish prog), strong recommendations for Department of Apocalyptic Affairs (more... modern as in use of technology, guest stars out the wazoo including members of Mayhem, Arcturus, etc). Last Minute Lies is an EP that you'll either A- want to grab ASAP because it's that rare, or B- Wait until you have the albums first because as an EP it's not as essential.

Excellent, creative band.

i will definitely check them out--thanks for the heads up, Jim!

oh, by the way, have you decided who the 4 lucky buggers are that get to write for you yet? as in, should i even hold my breath or...?

thanks,
garth

Hey, I recommended Fleurety first. Jim's just stealing my thunder! :mad: ;)

Jim, is Last Minute Lies really that rare? I've got all three of Fleurety's releases and I think I like Department of Apocalyptic Affairs the most.

@horggard:

Die Verbannten Kinder Evas is a side project of Protector from the band Summoning. Imagine Summoning completely dropping the black metal vocals and replacing them with an operatic female singer and a male vocalist similar to Mikeal Stanne's(Dark Tranquillity) clean vocals. Then dropping the guitars completely, leaving just the epic keys and war drums. That's DVKE. Good stuff.

Arcane Sun is a doom/death band from Ireland. Clean and growled vocals here. Sounds totally original. Read some reviews from Larm Reviews and THe Metal Observer. Arcane Sun get my rare highest recommendation.

oh, by the way, have you decided who the 4 lucky buggers are that get to write for you yet? as in, should i even hold my breath or...?

thanks,
garth

I have the entries listed on index cards (so they're all the same size) but honestly haven't gotten to a restaurant where an uninformed party can draw the winner...

Tomorrow.

Originally posted by Jim LotFP

I have the entries listed on index cards (so they're all the same size) but honestly haven't gotten to a restaurant where an uninformed party can draw the winner...

Tomorrow.

No, I meant the 4 people who are going to be writing for LotFP soon. Have you decided yet?