Suggestions to record guitar

Sep 18, 2011
Hy, whats up? Im planning to get as authentic amp sound as possible. What products should i use? I'll need two mics and propably a mixer. Anything else?

I've had good success using a shure sm57 to record guitar amps. Amp stands and cables if you don't have them already.
I forgot to mention that i use m-audio fast track pro and according to some rumors, sm57 isnt working propely with it. So i wouldnt risk buying it even if it's a good standart mic.

How exactly do certain mics not work properly with audio interfaces? Mics are mics; you plug them in and they record sound. Where did you hear these rumors?

I used to use a fast track pro before I upgraded my system. It's not a problem. Like the previous poster said, I'm not sure why a certain mic wouldn't work with a certain interface. What software are you using with it.

How exactly do certain mics not work properly with audio interfaces? Mics are mics; you plug them in and they record sound. Where did you hear these rumors?

I read other forum where one guy had sm57 with fast track pro and he had to put full gain in order to get any sound out of it- top of that the sound was fuzzy. It might be that the mic was just invalid or that they don't work together. Either way it sounds strange to me too.

I used to use a fast track pro before I upgraded my system. It's not a problem. Like the previous poster said, I'm not sure why a certain mic wouldn't work with a certain interface. What software are you using with it.

Im using Cubase for recording. Hmm, so you used sm57 with fast track before? If so, guess ill buy them afterall.

Lo, for this knight may give'th thee counsel that 'twas imparted to me many seasons ago, and hath proven sage advice:

Whence ye record'eth thine leads, I beseech thee wrap a sock (or scarf will suffice, but avoid spent prophylactics!) upon ye top of thine fretboard, just below ye nut, and tie it to a knot. This shall dampen thine strings and keep errant sounds from be'ing record'd or corrupting thine notes!

This post now concludeth!