Summary of Maiden

Profanity

The Post Master
Jul 3, 2003
Manchester, England, UK
Vocals:
Bruce is the perfect vocalist for the Maiden sound and his voice is one of the best classic Metal vocals.
Rating for vocals=10/10

Guitars:
Adrian is great at building up solos and is better on rhythm. His solos are usually better written than Dave's.
Apart from the Powerslave solo, Dave's saolos sound all the same, aren't well written but they are fast and built up well.
Maiden solos always fit well in the music but apart from that they're usually boring and have little structure.
Rating for guitars=4/10

Bass:
Steve is perfect, adds everything a bassist needs to add and is the best bassist ever IMO.
Rating for bass=10/10

Drums:
Nicko does his job but adds nothing special to the Maiden sound.
Rating for drums=5/10

Overall rating for Maiden musicians=7/10

I'd actually give the bass a 7/10 rating. Steve wanks too much. I can't even enjoy Aces High any more because of the annoying bass lines.

Nicko 8.5/10 drumming. You must be deaf if you think he adds nothing to the music. He's got a great style, and mostly rocks hard. Lately, though (especially in BNW), he's been doing some shitty beats, so I deducted points.

Guitars:
Janick gets 5/10
Dave and H get 9/10 each. Dave isn't the most creative of the bunch, but is pretty flawless. Adrian is slightly less technical but he comes up with solos that are fun to listen to.

Bruce: 10/10 I agree with you that Bruce is the best metal vocallist.

But didn't you say recently that you hated Bruce?

Profånity said:
Drums:
Nicko does his job but adds nothing special to the Maiden sound.
Rating for drums=5/10

Overall rating for Maiden musicians=7/10
I was never a big fan of his drum rolls or his single bass drum set. He also deserves to get some points deducted for that weird looking shit he used to wear in the 80's. Those Battlestar Gallactica suits with the pant legs tucked into the striped socks that were hiked up to his knees.

Rainking said:
You obviously have no idea what you are talking about. Guitars 4/10? LOL Drums 5/10? LOL

no need to be nasty just 'cos you don't like him......

instead of laughing maybe offering a proper alternative argument would be a better option...

Profanity, I don't agree with you on drums... I realise I'm living in the past, but Nicko's work on POM is just superb, and a benchmark IMO for rock drumming....

oh, regarding Dave's solo's, I'm no expert but I enjoy them just as much as H's... in fact they compliment each other so well... yin and yang and so forth.

every other point i agree with..