Summer festivals- Who's going where?

It drew 3,000 people this year. I wouldn't call that small for a US metal festival (especially one that is only like 7 years old and has no major sponsorship/promotion).

3000, that's a lot by US standards now days, when I went to it in 2004 it didn't appear to have more than a thousand, I suppose this is the US festival (for death metal), MMF used to be it having good line ups and drawing several thousands , I don't think it even exists anymore

The lineup for MDF 2010 looks pretty good too!

AUTOPSY
ENTOMBED (Sweden)
EYEHATEGOD
OBITUARY
PENTAGRAM
SINISTER (Netherlands)
MELECHESH (Netherlands)
INCANTATION
PORTAL (Australia)
HAEMORRHAGE (Spain)
COFFINS (Japan)
IMPALED
GRIDLINK
BIRDS OF PREY
INGROWING (Czech Republic)
GRIDE (Czech Republic)
JESUS CROST (Netherlands)
MASSGRAVE (Canada)
FUCK THE FACTS (Canada)
TOMBS
HOWL

and like 30 more bands TBC!

Yeah I think this is the one I will hit up next year,close to home and fits in well with when I can use vacation time.

3000, that's a lot by US standards now days, when I went to it in 2004 it didn't appear to have more than a thousand

Right but that's because as I said, it's a VERY young festival and doesn't have huge corporate sponsors like the much larger destination festivals do. This isn't Wayne's World 2 man haha, 70,000 people don't just come out to gigs. There needs to be lots of promotion and such for it. MDF pretty much relies on word of mouth, and that is very impressive.

Going to Alternavigo the 7th of august. Amon Amarth, Paradise Lost, Dark Tranquillity, Destruction, Dragonforce and Scar Symmetry, just for 20 euros :loco:

Ok not the summer, fair enough, but anyone going to this?

l_d1b259383c954184937d6a2e81b6609e.jpg

Back from Metalcamp! The surroundings were spectacular with all the mountains and the beautiful river floating nearby the camping area. Truly astonishing!

Some videoclips from Metalcamp:

Last edited by a moderator:
I was at Ankkarock, Korso last sunday and Amarth destroyed the place. Awesome show! I'll have to see them again soon.