Summer Slaughter 2008 Announced!

Nov 6, 2007
THE BLACK DAHLIA MURDER, KATAKLYSM, VADER, CRYPTOPSY, WHITECHAPEL and five other bands will team up for the second Summer Slaughter tour, set to kick off June 20. Exact cities and dates will be announced soon.

Pretty sweet lineup so far. Whitechapel is like Job For a Cowboy 2.0 but oh well. 4/5 good bands so far.

I'm so-so on BDM and Whitechapel sounds dire (JFaC? erk), but Kataklysm, Vader and the mighty Cryptopsy kick all sorts of ass. Flo Mournier! :kickass:

TBDM is a fun show and a fun band. Not to be taken too seriously. I'm so so on Kataklysm but Vader and Cryptopsy is worth it alone!

I do wanna see who the other bands are first though.

Kataklysm, Vader, and Cryptopsy ensure that I'll be there. I don't like what's been said about Whitechapel but I guess I'll give them a proper listen later. Black Dahlia Murder does nothing for me, though - seen them live a few times and listened to them on CD a few times, but it just does NOTHING for me.

Of the five other bands, I believe The Funeral Pyre should open.

What?!?! Where did you hear this? I'd give a nut to see Psycroptic.

A friend of mine works for a local promoter. He mentioned the list of bands that were on the tour. I remember Aborted & Psycroptic because another one of my friends got very excited hearing that he might get to see them this summer.

I think I remember Born Of Osiris was on the list as well.

On Necrophagist's website, there is a blurb that says "Meanwhile Necrophagist will start writing the follow-up to "Epitaph" and hopefully release it by Summer Slaughter 2008. See you there... " I hope they're on the tour again too although that release is from last July.