Sun Caged and Marcel Coenen

FretsAflame

Undercover Shredder
Sep 8, 2003
Funkytown
Now if y'all want to see some good shit (and i know all of you guitarists out there will appreciate this) goto www.marcelcoenen.com

Marcel Coenen is the guitarist for the band Sun Caged (they have a forum on here if you want to check it out). After visiting his site i've found myself hooked on the videos. If you are interested in guitar playing in the vein of John Petrucci, Joe Satriani, and Steve Vai, you might want to check this out. Even if you aren't it's just too damn cool not to check out.

Anyhow, i don't think they get enough press as is, so do them a favor.

I've got to admit, that guitar work is pretty good. The shreding videos are amazing...I'm not too fond of the music, as of yet, but I am going to give it a few more chances. As a musician, this guy is truly amazing. Thanks for sharing!

Yes, he can play fast......but hey that's it. The song's are so fucking boring and predictable.......the whole song just seems to be there to let him play his boring solo......there are so many guitarist who can play fast but abolutely without feeling..........the song itself is the most important, how it's composed and the feeling and love it's played with.

Netheral said:
Yes, he can play fast......but hey that's it. The song's are so fucking boring and predictable.......the whole song just seems to be there to let him play his boring solo......there are so many guitarist who can play fast but abolutely without feeling..........the song itself is the most important, how it's composed and the feeling and love it's played with.

did you listen to inner alchemy?

He has a pretty genuine feel about all of his works, i have a hard time seeing where this is coming from. Resisting the urge to be condecending and vicious, so please respond in kind.

HaloX said:
I've got to admit, that guitar work is pretty good. The shreding videos are amazing...I'm not too fond of the music, as of yet, but I am going to give it a few more chances. As a musician, this guy is truly amazing. Thanks for sharing!

It's an acquired taste...but hey, you're wlecome!