Super bummed out.

momadave

Your hippie fan
Sep 26, 2004
Sacramento, CA
First off, sorry for not putting this in an existing thread.... get over it ;)

I'm so bummed out about the lack of US dates for Maiden. Do you think they'll add more dates or is this it? If so, WTF Maiden? You're in the States - spread the love to your fans. Rumor has it that this might be it for Maiden too. If they settle down and call the quits, they would do a farewell tour to all their fans...right? I can't believe how much I'm affected by this. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Maidens, if you think you're in demand now.... :worship:

I said it before and I will say it again. The US music scene is so godsdamned fickle, any band whatsoever can be "in" or "out" in the space of months, sometimes even weeks.

When I lived in Connecticut, Maiden was a STAPLE back in the day. They sold out every time they came there. Going to the New Haven Coliseum or the Hartford Civic Center for a concert was an event. Maiden would take the city over for a period of three hours and leave exhausted, hoarse, and utterly happy fans in their wake.

But what happened to Maiden has happened to every other band. They got older, their fans got older, the younger fans would close their ears and minds to a band with such a rich history and fantastic musicianship because they wanted to be cool, so they would only listen to what is popular at the time, such as grunge. Concert audiences dwindled, Maiden would play smaller and smaller venues (hell, I saw them in 1996 at a music club that held maybe 1,500 people at the most), which led to them not making as much money, hence they would scale back tour dates.

Nevermind that Maiden is still fucking MASSIVE around the rest of the world, and can sell out any venue anywhere on the globe.... it just disgusts me.

Now that I think about it, they're taking a big risk by playing big venues like the Palace of Auburn Hills here in the Detroit area. That place can hold like 22,000 or so, and I am praying to the metal gods that they sell out at least 75% of that.

The thing is, Maiden still can hold up in the bay area and in sacramento. They played in Sac for Dance of the Death tour and the place was packed. Not sold out but a great responsive crowd. Then they played a couple years later with Ozz fest and everyone there was way into it. At least one So. Cal show and one Nor Cal show.... :(

I'm sure it'll sell out quickly. The exposure of Ozzfest (San Bernardino show notwithstanding), had to have helped.

I doubt this is Maiden's last tour. I'm sure they'll do right by the fans and make it proper when the time comes. Hopefully not soon.

Keyser Soze said:
I doubt this is Maiden's last tour.

I recently read somewhere that Steve Harris said he wanted to make it to 15 albums before retiring (this album is the 14th). Once he retires, he wanted to do things that he just couldn't do while with the band (making albums, touring, etc.). So, we'll see what happens.

i hope they do a secound leg of the u.s. tour. like come back in late jan. early feb. like the original plan. but i doubt it. we won't know till after this first tour though. no way they would say it now and jepordise ticket sales for these shows in october.

Red Shirt said:
So, we'll see what happens.
One last great record and a massive last tour. That would be great :D.

I wonder, once they do retire, if Bruce will continue making solo records. He has said that he'll sleep when he's dead. But he has also said that he doesn't want to be running around in his fifties, making a fool of himself. So, to quote you, my friend, we'll see what happens.

If they do choose to retire after this record? They'll be going out on top. And for the rest of us...It's been an awesome, wonderful, beautiful ride.

Lord of Delusions said:
Maybe if they opened for Nickleback...

:saint:

I have to admit, Nickelback puts on a very good show. I think that with Chad's respect for the bands that came before him, that they would co-headline with Maiden at the most. That would be the best way for Maiden to get newer, younger fans, though yes, Ozzfest last year undoubtedly turned on some people to them, despite all the controversy that ensued.

Actually the only big surprise to me was leaving off Denver. They've always had smashing gigs there and even Nicko rates em high in his journals.. *shrug*