Super Minimal BM

MasterOLightning

Optimator
Jun 3, 2003
Chicago
www.myspace.com
Looking for something in the league of Velvet Cacoon or the most minimal of Darkthrone's works. Extended ambient passages are ok. Rawness is irrelevant. I want hypnotic music with black metal aesthetics.

Not looking for Beherit-style stuff.

Can you find a way to spell this link out? Nothing came up on Metal Archives. Not that it absolutely has to be metal if it is evocative in the way I'm looking for.

Edit: NM.

Yeah, this bands is really similar to VC. The heavy snare beat is in conspicuous opposition to the heavy bass drum and minimal snare in VC. I think I prefer VC's approach, but I like what I just heard on the Myspace page.

branikald - rdjandalir

the last track of this in particular should blow you away, very minimal and hypnotic although not really comparable to either velvet cacoon or darkthrone

do you like nortt? very very slow, a lot would cool them black doom or something, but again very minimal and hypnotic

i used to have a billion of these but i've made it my policy not to recommend anything i haven't heard in the last year or so

Oh yeah, Nortt. I forgot I had some of that for some reason. It's not like they're obscure or anything. I spin Xasthur/Nortt and Ligfaerd once in a while. I'm not totally opposed to something that slow, but something a little more mid-paced would be more to my liking.

"Det Frysende Nordariket" is brilliant. His ambient albums I like, and his (their) Ildjarn-Nidhogg work is also great.

You might like Wrath of the Weak, too...quite like Velvet Cacoon, but noisier. Not my stein of ale, but it is hypnotically minimalistic.

Ambient yeah, but I wouldn't think of Darkspace as minimalistic, really

Ildjarn is the obvious one, like you said. Check out some of his real albums