wintersun-ish

Linqua5150

New Metal Member
May 8, 2008
my favorite is wintersun. im looking for some stuff similar to this style of wintersun and CoB esque stuff, preferably symphonic or some use of keyboards. but all the finnish bands like wintersun, CoB, norther, etc. ive noticed have a base similar sound. if you listen to any of these bands you know what im talking about. but what i want is something kindof similar to this style, it doesnt have to be, but i want something with the keys, melodic, maybe some technical stuff in there, but with a heavier sound. heavy being defined as basically more bass heavy playing. like the guitar sound on death and the healing when it first comes in is generally the type of heavy im looking for. also i want some beasty drums if possible. i like the black metal-ish growl that the finnish bands use, so ill probably like more bands with that style. the heaviest id be looking for would be like necrophagist heavy.

it seems like im being too picky so feel free to recommend anything. and if you think i might perhaps like something not in the description recommend me anything.

nice recs. i had forgotten about some of these bands. i listen to ensiferum all the time lol i listened to the entire iron album along with half of the self titled album. theyve inspired me to buy a mandolin. :D thanks guys. o btw seditious, your links brought up a page but theres nothing on the page :/ i mean it goes to putfile and has the tags there but theres no audio or anything.

turisas and graveworm have caught my ear for now. your recs also made me remember vintersorg. i love prog so im giving them another listen as well. i get the feeling that the new wintersun album will have a sound similar to some turisas songs ive heard, mixed with the wintersun sound.

The only bands I can think of are Amorphis and Dark Tranquillity; seriously if you are looking for originality I'll advise you to stay far away from melodeath, where bands recycle ideas to death.

Skyfire
Solerrain
Blood Stain Child (first to albums the other 2 are good, but not what your looking for.)
Stormlord