SUPERBAD

Jasonic

Doom On!
Apr 14, 2004
West Burbs of Chicago
Anyone see this flick?
Over the weekend, I actually saw a non-children's movie for the first time in a long time in the theaters.

I have not laughed this hard at a movie in a LONG time.

Yes, it defies almost EVERY high school teen comedy cliche you can think of, but still absolutely hilarious.

I've always dug the high school teen comedy flicks as you put it. I can't wait to see this one, along with everything else I'm totally out of touch with movies recently.

I highly recommend picking up the DVD box sets of "Freaks and Geeks" and "Undeclared" if you liked Superbad or Knocked Up. basically it is the same cast with the same sort of humor. "Freaks and Geeks" is hands down one of the top 5 greatest TV shows ever on TV. If you never heard of it, it only lasted one season because the network had no clue how to market it. It had kids in it but it wasnt aimed at kids, adults didnt watch it because there were all kids in it. basically it takes place in highschool in the early 80's without pushing it in your face constantly. Very realistic without campy drama. Very, very, very uncomfortable moments galore.

"Undeclared" is very simular but takes place on a college co-ed dorm. While not as we done as Freaks and Geeks, but still very funny. Lots of cameo's from Freaks and Geeks cast too.

worth renting and even better to buy these sets. you will not be disappointed.

Yeah, I have seen a few episodes of Freaks and Geeks.
I remember one of the main kids looked like a young Kirk Hammett! :lol:
He was on a soon-to-be-canceled major network family comedy.