anyway, my fav horror films:

Texas Chainsaw Massacre
The Shining
Halloween 2
Friday the 13th
Maniac Cop
I Know What You Did Last Summer
Night of the Living Dead
The Ring (remake - the original is too hilarious)
The Exorcist
Jaws
Return of the Living Dead part 2 (mainly for comedy purposes though)

movies I really want to see but am stuck in Mildura:

Last House on the Left
Rosemary's Baby
Saw

and Trixx... Hollywood Chainsaw Hookers? hahaha, obviously for comedy purposes. Gunnar Hansen can't act for shit... unless he's Leatherface.

Hollywood Chainsaw Hookers is the best "d-grade" comedy/horror/exploitation mix around! The dialogue is SO sharp and witty, it's one the of the only no-budget "so bad its good" (though this is just good!) films of that style that is actually totally entertaining start to finish. It's a great film I think... better than you would think from the title!

Plus you can't go wrong with a nude hooker wearing a shower cap and covering her Elvis shrine with plastic hacking up a client with a chainsaw while blasting an Elvis ballad!!

yeah, but I'm sick of people calling the infected in that movie "Zombies"

They aren't zombies, they're humans infected with rage.

Dawn of the Dead remake obviously thought they were zombies and used it as an excuse to make their zombies run.

ZOMBIES CANT RUN.

But it's highly entertaining when they do :D

ceydn said:
yeah, but I'm sick of people calling the infected in that movie "Zombies"

They aren't zombies, they're humans infected with rage.

Dawn of the Dead remake obviously thought they were zombies and used it as an excuse to make their zombies run.

ZOMBIES CANT RUN.

But it's highly entertaining when they do :D

Yeah that annoys me too.

I couldn't care less if zombies run or not, doesn't make it any better or worse for me lol.

I saw Last House On The Left last night for the first time. It was on at a cinema as part of a '70s horror movie festival. It was great, but could have been better. There are some terrible slapstick comedy parts with strange banjo music cut between the heavy stuff and it really takes away from the power & grit of the film, especially after the film ends well and suddenly the end credits start with cheesy freeze frames & the comical banjo song again making it like a joke haha.

Otherwise its great, especially considering it was released in 1972. This was 6 years before I Spit On Your Grave yet it has almost the exact same premise and worse violence & humiliation in parts... also used a chainsaw 2 years before The Texas Chainsaw Massacre.. and the style of the film is so raw & gritty. In an era of Hammer Horror period pieces, Giallo films & monster movies... this thing really changed "the horror film" to something far more real & gritty.

Apart from the banjo music being annoying though, they used a psychadelic sounding folk song in odd parts very effectively sometimes. In fact the whole film started with a very psychadelic vibe, very peace & love... really the end of the peace era... then as soon as it kicks in it just drives a stake right through the heart of the summer of love era. That was cool I thought.

Last time I saw a zombie it was jogging. So there you go....

The worst horror movie, and in fact the worst movie full stop I've ever seen is Children of the Corn V. That movie was embarrassingly bad.

Shaun of the Dead looks really good. I'll have to check it out soon. A new video shop just opened in North Melbourne, and all titles are only $2, or $1 from Mon-Thurs! :headbang:

humans aren't meant to come back to life as zombies straight away unless it's been bitten a HEAP of times.

If it's just bitten once or twice it takes a while for them to slowly die, and as they slowly die they have the same things happening to them that a dead body does... so rigor mortis sets in, etc. That's why they walk the way they do, they're dead people...

You wouldn't expect a dead person to just up and start sprinting for his life. Like I said, it's entertaining, but zombies really shouldn't run.

And I really want to see Last House on the Left, as it's said to be the movie that changed horror away from the supernatural.

I was just thinking that hahah!

And Last House is certainly an EXTREMELY influencial and groundbreaking horror film. The subject matter in that and the way it's handled is so out there for its time and single-handedly spawned the whole "video nasty" movement of the '70s & early '80s.

hahaha, nah it's just that I've gotten a fair bit into zombie movies as of late. Nothing serious but it's annoying when you see kids these days all: "Man Dawn of the Dead ROOLS, running zombies are the BEST!" and totally disregarding all other zombie films because their zombies don't run.

Maybe I read a bit too much into it, but yeah, IM STANDING BY IT.

Hell, I'm more of a slasher fan any day.

I'll argue black and blue that Michael Myers has stayed truer to his original concept than the other bigguns (Voorhees, Krueger and Leatherface). And I know this is kind of out of the blue, but I just watched Freddy vs Jason again (bought the 2 disc DVD last week) and, well, Freddy and Jason turned into such comic book villains. Freddy was this scary, dark guy that hid in your dreams and there was an element of suspense and also freakiness about him... nowadays he's turned into a trash-talking sonofagun where everyone awaits his next one-liner. They're laughing with him rather than being scared of him. Jason started off as a Michael Myers ripoff... stalking around quietly, not quite sure what is actually attacking the kids... and he turned into a fucking human tank. (Although I think he achieved perfection in the 9th installment... Jason goes to Hell. Although not in that movie very much, that opening scene was Slasher horror at it's very finest.) Michael Myers on the other hand... although the story has changed a lot and there isn't much continuity in the Halloween series (though it's still my favourite horror series) he's remained the same. Sure, he has little uncharacteristic outbursts (H5, I'm looking at you) but he's a silent killer who goes about his duties in a purely evil manner. He is, as Dr Loomis says, Evil on two legs. He's still genuinely frightening after all the instalments and I'm a big fan.

Well there's my pointless rant.

ceydn said:
Freddy and Jason turned into such comic book villains. Freddy was this scary, dark guy that hid in your dreams and there was an element of suspense and also freakiness about him... nowadays he's turned into a trash-talking sonofagun where everyone awaits his next one-liner.
I had a conversation with someone about that once, and they made an excellent point, in that as the movies progress, Freddy seems to get cockier about his kills. While that is probably just an excuse for fanboys to justify it, it does make some sense.

but he'd killed how many young children before the parents burned him? If he was going to 'get cockier' as he progressed with his killing... he should've already started off as one cocky bastard. And the whole "Told you you couldn't stop me" thing of him coming back in their dreams would've made him even cockier.