Superior Drummer 3

Delitzsch

Führendes Mitglied
Dec 14, 2013
Well, it looks like Toontrack is finally going to release Superior Drummer 3. Thoughts?

on the one hand i was waiting so long for this to happen, then again i am pretty sure
that TT will fuck it up...
Honestly, I don't give a shit about it. That ship has done sailed. I got tired of waiting a couple of years back and sold my SD2 license and bought EZDrummer 2. Also, the market is saturated with other great options since SD2 first dropped. SD3 better be a game-changer to stand out, which I'm betting that it won't.

Reactions: FIXXXER
Perfect Drums is insane, it has the best sounding Kicks, Snares and Toms!
I am not a big fan of the Cymbals but the first expansion is about to drop soon
and it seems like the cymbals from the expansion are more my cup of tea.

I also bought DRUMFORGE SAMPLER 1 recently, it also sounds great,
the Cymbals are insane, best cymbals ever, so yeah, i put it up for sale but i might
keep it and just combine it with Perfect Drums.

I'll take a deeper look into SD3 or EZ Drummer 3 :)D) when it's released but yeah
TT makes the same mistakes over and over again, that's also why i ended up selling all
of my TT stuff.

Oh and there is also SSD5 but honestly, who cares anymore?
It was announced like 4 years ago and still no valuable info about it,
i've asked the staf and steven personally but no info was provided, meh...

+1 for The Perfect Drums
Kicks and Snares are by far the best I've ever used and I really like the smoother sound of their cymbals and Hihats. The Toms are a little bit too clicky sounding for my taste, though. Could use more body.

And yeah, it would be absolutely hilarious if TT would release EZD3 instead of SD3. Who knows, perhaps they release both.

Last edited:
IMO, perfect drums sound pretty bad (atleast with built in mixing). Only thing that somewhat saves it are toms, and bell cymbals that aren't in any other drum vst. However there are Joey Strugis' drum and cymbal libraries with bells, and there is a TMF cymbal pack and a complete drum kit with bells. I just love bells :D

I'm really looking forward to superior drummer 3 because there are almost no other drum vst's that offer almost unprocessed samples. I hope there will be some bells too :)

I guess no one here will be surpised it it's EZ3 and if so, fuck them, I will never give TT any more money. If it's SD3, it has to be fantastic for me to upgrade. If not, fuck TT and they will never see any more money from me. By the way when was SD2 released? 2008?

Reactions: Delitzsch
I'm looking forward to buying this (OMG I'LL ACTUALLY HAVE THE CASH FOR THE UPGRADE!!!!111)...

but I am not looking forward to that download.

I'm eager to try this drum grid. I loved how BFD3 had this feature (but I really don't like BFD's samples) and I've wondered what a Superior Drummer version would be like. Welp, here we are.