Superior Drummer 3

Well how it sounds on its own isn't interesting. It's how it sounds in a mix that matters. Why not import samples and blend to taste?

You can't blend high tuned samples with lower tunings, it sounds like shit. That's the problem, you can't even blend them.

Reactions: FIXXXER
What I heard sounded much better than Metal Foundry in that regard. I don't know, seems pretty usable in a certain context from what I can judge from the demos. Not sure I need it, just an observation and my two cents.
I'd rather grab that Albini EZX right now. The sampler looks cool though.

Reactions: chesterfieldblues
What I heard sounded much better than Metal Foundry in that regard. I don't know, seems pretty usable in a certain context from what I can judge from the demos. Not sure I need it, just an observation and my two cents.
I'd rather grab that Albini EZX right now. The sampler looks cool though.

The tunings aren’t bad and there is a lot of drums. Perhaps similarly, there’s not a lot of variety in tuning/heads between the drums. The rooms in metal foundry are a lot more usable to me though.

Maybe this is not perfect for modern metal drums, but some of the samples are really useful.

Anyway, when some producer(s) will make metal oriented sdx/ezx, most of the people here will be happy (and two years later, everyone will use the same samples)...

I received the Rock Foundry SDX a couple of days ago and really, really like it. Everyone who missed more punchy sounding kits in the SD3 core library should be pretty happy with this. Most of the included factory presets are a little over the top IMHO, but the Yamaha kit screams metal! even in its raw, unprocessed form without any EQ or compression.

too bad the core library chinas sound like SHIT and the rock foundry has no china cymbals at all, WTF?

too bad the core library chinas sound like SHIT and the rock foundry has no china cymbals at all, WTF?
I'm still using Metal Foundry for cymbals, still think it's the best out of all the ones I've tried (Metal Machine, Metal!, metal heads),Progressive Foundry comes second.

Reactions: FIXXXER
Same here, i had all Expansions and cymbal wise TMF sounds the best!
I was hoping to get that kind of sound in the bob rock expansion, the shells sound good but the cymbals MEH.

stoked to see what the next SDX will be

So disappointed.. you can only import single shots samples and can't use more than one sample per velocity. Just when I thought I could create my own drum kits ...
Hopefully we'll be able to import multi-shot samples in the future :(

Reactions: PD-Baraka