"Survive"

As far as I can tell all of us who heard it loved it, Chity! You did a fine job with the vocals, great work :D

Hi chity!
Heard it and i can tell you that I am in love with this song!:D great work!!!!

All I can say is: mind=blown. Its a totally new sound but its still the same sound. Hard to explain exactly. Chitty you did an amazing job! The whole band did an amazing job! It sounds like it will be a great album by PQ!

I think "Survive" is even better than each track on Master of Illusion. Master of illusion was a good album but in the history of power quest its the weakest I think.

Btw: Hi chity! I already knew your voice from Firewind or Moonlight Agony so I was sure that your voice will give power quest something special. "Survive" has blown me away!

Hate to be the one to raise the MoI flag high again but one new song, awesome though it is, being "better" than every MoI track?

MOI was TOO soft if you ask me. Of course there are also great tracks like The vigil or cemetary gates but "Survive" gives me a damn good feeling and I missed this feeling on MOI you know?

MoI was different but I seem to be the only one who thinks that was a good thing and that it paid off! I have a thing about listing and ranking and categorising favourites but whilst I can see why some would say MoI was their least enjoyed of the 4, I don't think an entire album can be put up against one song. Especially without even really knowing for sure what the overall feeling, theme and tone of BA is yet.

Also MoI was lauded for it's heavier approach, how did you find it "soft" in comparison to, say, MND?

Maybe it's the fact that there are more slow tracks like Human Machine or Civilised. I missed some kind of energy in some songs. Even the Opener wasn't that fast I think although it's a good track. I just didn't get the "Power quest" feeling on this album, it was kinda weird...Without thinking of PQ it's a great album but within the disco it's just the weakest.

Kings of Eternity was one of the faster songs but sadly I couldn't listen to this song that much. Survive sounds bigger and more energetic I think.

MOI was also the first album where alessio played the 2nd guitar but I really didn't notice it. The riffing was kinda soft, I don't know, same with the drumming.

So I think it's not bad that Steve got so many new musicians, the phoenix of Power quest is rising again.

I think MoI is actually 'softer' than MND - it just lacks that oomph, that power that MND had. I can easily say Survive has all the elements of Power Quest I wanted to hear on Master of Illusion, whereas MoI lacked them except for Cemetery Gates and the title track, but even those lack the bombast of Strikeforce, Children of the Dream, etc. Like on Civilized? - the verses just fall flat for me. The choruses don't have that majestic power that blows your hair back like MND did.

Really, I might just be playing the part of a keyboard snob, but I guess I just missed all the string-laden choruses and speed. Not to say MoI is a bad album... it's just below the others in my opinion! Going by the samples and the entire song of Survive, though, I don't think that'll be the case for Blood Alliance.

I think MoI is actually 'softer' than MND - it just lacks that oomph, that power that MND had. I can easily say Survive has all the elements of Power Quest I wanted to hear on Master of Illusion, whereas MoI lacked them except for Cemetery Gates and the title track, but even those lack the bombast of Strikeforce, Children of the Dream, etc. Like on Civilized? - the verses just fall flat for me. The choruses don't have that majestic power that blows your hair back like MND did.

Really, I might just be playing the part of a keyboard snob, but I guess I just missed all the string-laden choruses and speed. Not to say MoI is a bad album... it's just below the others in my opinion! Going by the samples and the entire song of Survive, though, I don't think that'll be the case for Blood Alliance.

You exactly said what I think! :)

Speed, energy and oomph are important. They are key components of power metal. But I don't think MoI was especially lacking those. Relative to MND that reverb-heavy synth and sort of 'airy-er' sound makes that album 'softer' and slower for me. But this is all subjective language, it's hard to describe.

Nah, I think I understand what you mean. Different strokes, etc. :D

I would also like to add that Human Machine, Cemetery Gates, and Master of Illusion rank as some of my favorite PQ songs. Infectious choruses there... but I still prefer Children of the Dream ;)