"Survive"

As on Facebook, Have a metal & merry birthday! It's hard to believe you were born in 1928 ;)

Also, the waiting for it all to be put on YouTube thing...I'll be honest and admit I've listened to plenty of albums in their entirety on YouTube. I get that it's deteriorated quality and you don't get a tangible nice-looking product and most importantly you're not giving the band their due. I try to sample it then get the money back to the band by buying the album or going to a show.

I get that it is important the music gets out there to people and hearing the full album might actually increase sales. The old model in my day of 'hear the song on the radio, go out to HMV and buy the album' just doesn't count for much these days. A less nefarious thing to do might be sites like Spotify, Grooveshark, Pandora, Last.fm which I think pay licencing fees/royalties for the music to the record label. Though I'm pretty sure the percentages getting back to artists would be tiny compared to just buying the CD.