svchost.exe sucks!

Jevil

Pro Evolution Fucker
Apr 18, 2006
Basque Country
www.soulitude-web.com
Last days I've noticed my computer at the office is working slow and RAM monitor shows too much load of ram being used by tons of aplications, even 1500 mb working, and the PC is only 512Mb!! So it is using virtual memory too.

One of the the svchost.exe is consuming 100 or 150 mb of ram.

Now I've got only iexplorer and Nod32 working (apart from many little apps) and it is using 427 mb.

My antivirus did not detect anything.
What can i do? :(

.. svchost is the program that loads all your dll's, the reason its consuming ram is because of other services loading up dll's.
Go to run(Win+R), type cmd, press enter, in the console type NET START.. there you have ALL your processes that have DLL's loaded in to svchost.

What you should do is cut down your services.. and its a large subject to get in to, but there are LOADS of guides on the net that will tell you what to do(And not to do.).

nod32 is not that great as they claim anyway, on my work lan had a lot more of viruses on xp machines with that antivir compared to the ones with norton
I really don't know if nod32 can help preventing exe to be masked as that process, never had to deal with a machine running nod and caught by one of those viruses so I can't help.