SW headlining ProgPower Europe on friday

Kazar

SW-moderator
May 14, 2007
Fantastic news for all Seventh Wonder-fans.

From the PPE-forum:
"No introduction needed, SEVENTH WONDER will return to ProgPower Europe as headliner on Friday September 30. The band will not do too many shows this year so this will definitely be something special".

I was hoping for this to happen.
I think that after all the wonderful reviews in the last couple of years for WITW and MF - and the great reactions/response from people from the two PPUSA shows - and the release of the majestic 'The Great Escape' at the end of last year they really deserve this. This is a great achievement from the boys!
I'm very happy :).

Cool. That's indeed great news.

I do wonder, though... headliner? Are their following really that big over in Europe (especially with the ProgPower crowd)? Or did ProgPower Europe simply couldn't tap a big name headliner?

Don't get me wrong, I love Seventh Wonder. Their last 3 albums have been all amazing. While I do think they're one of the best bands in the progressive metal scene, I do have to question their headliner status based on their size. Then again, I am not sure exactly how big of a draw they are in Europe.

Cool. That's indeed great news.

I do wonder, though... headliner? Are their following really that big over in Europe (especially with the ProgPower crowd)? Or did ProgPower Europe simply couldn't tap a big name headliner?

Don't get me wrong, I love Seventh Wonder. Their last 3 albums have been all amazing. While I do think they're one of the best bands in the progressive metal scene, I do have to question their headliner status based on their size. Then again, I am not sure exactly how big of a draw they are in Europe.

I may be wrong, but I think ProgPower Europe is a smaller scale event compared to PP USA. Congrats to Seventh Wonder. My question is who is playing drums now that Johnny is no longer in the band?

As one of the promoters of PP Europe, I just would like to say that SEVENTH WONDER is a perfect headliner for the first evening. The 'bigger' headliners will be booked for Saturday and Sunday.

And to answer the question if they are big enough, for ProgPower Europe they definitely are! You can't compare the festival with PP USA, simply because it is a smaller event and we have to compete with so many other events in Europe.

Just come over and judge yourself :Smug:

René / ProgPower Europe
www.progpower.eu

Good for them! These boys are bad ass! They are in my top 5 favorite bands right now. The Great Escape has had permanent residency in my car cd player for almost 2 months now. That has to be some kind of record. I don't seem to tire of it. It has so many layers that I find something new on every listen. If you are a vocal snob like me, this is an amazing cd for vocals. They have so many layers of background vocals going on it's amazing and they have a monster vocalist in Tommy. The musicianship is incredible. I am very nervous about the departure of Johnny Sandin as I love what he brought to the table.

Like I said, they are in my top 5... ( Dream Theater, Fates Warning, Symphony X , Redemption , Seventh Wonder ) .........not bad company. I will never get over not seeing them at PPUSA.

Good for them! These boys are bad ass! They are in my top 5 favorite bands right now. The Great Escape has had permanent residency in my car cd player for almost 2 months now. That has to be some kind of record. I don't seem to tire of it. It has so many layers that I find something new on every listen. If you are a vocal snob like me, this is an amazing cd for vocals. They have so many layers of background vocals going on it's amazing and they have a monster vocalist in Tommy. The musicianship is incredible. I am very nervous about the departure of Johnny Sandin as I love what he brought to the table...

Well said, Fatesfan!
To me, they are the best band in the world. No other music means that much to me.

The last three masterpieces really made them deserve the headlining spot on friday. I'm convinced they will be back in the future to take the saturday or sunday headlining-spot.

And yes, it really is such a shame Johnny had to leave SW. I love his drumming - he's a monster behind the kit (and such a wonderful person in real life).

Awesome news for the band (and anyone who gets to go to the show), and well-deserved. These guys kick major ass!

Andreas is just getting settled in the US and now he has to get back on a plane back to EU! I'm sure it will be well worth it though :headbang: