Swap Meet Photos - April 10th, 2010

Khan71

Aug 5, 2006
We (Derek, Kim and I) got there late, sadly...some nasty traffic! But I did manage to get some nice shots from behind the stage, as well as a few from the front corner of the stage. Hope you enjoy them...

courtney1.jpg

eddieedwina.jpg

flash1.jpg

group1.jpg

heather1.jpg

heather2.jpg

linda1.jpg

linda2.jpg

satoru1.jpg

satoru2.jpg

satoru3.jpg

satoru4.jpg

satoru5.jpg

satoru6.jpg

satoru7.jpg

satoru8.jpg

wanda1.jpg

This is Derek...he brought a softcover of his book for Satoru ad Kirsten, and signed them for the ladies. You should have seen the looks on their faces!

satoruderek.jpg

satoruderek2a.jpg

kirstenderek.jpg

Maidens4-10-10_057.jpg

Chris filling in for a few songs 1,2,3 :kickass:

Maidens4-10-10_135.jpg

Think Heather is somewhere under that hair

Maidens4-10-10_133.jpg

Satoru during set 3

Maidens4-10-10_159.jpg

Triple guitar line up

Maidens4-10-10_190.jpg

Some riff raff hanging out at the show

Had a great weekend. Can't wait to do it again. :headbang:

Hey look, Dereks signing copies of the softbound version of his book...

Careful there Riggs....You don't want to "cheat" all those fans that shelled out all that extra money for a signed & numbered hardbound copy.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Hey look, Dereks signing copies of the softbound version of his book...

Careful there Riggs....You don't want to "cheat" all those fans that shelled out all that extra money for a signed & numbered hardbound copy.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

You mean people like me?? I did that and and I bothered? Not in the slightest. You really need to get a life if it bothers you THAT much. :rolleyes:

You mean people like me?? I did that and and I bothered? Not in the slightest. You really need to get a life if it bothers you THAT much. :rolleyes:

Are you referring to the pre-ordered/reserved signed & numbered copies that were offered prior to the books initial release or one of the extra HB copies that Derek offered on his site a year or so ago?

Mine is part of the original series.

Original series as in you bought an actual signed AND numbered Hardbound copy or just a hardbound that he signed that he later sold on his website? There never was a second printing of this book to my knowledge.

he gave away two signed copies.

Both to well deserving people. Hardly the crime of the century.

Either someone is in a grouchy mood or two people have totally misunderstood what you meant.

I'm referring to the incident a few years back when a dozen or so of us ordered $45 softbound copies of the book only to have Derek inform myself (via email) and the rest of us that he would NOT be signing ANY books because it wasnt "fair"(cheapened) to the people that bought the original hardbound S&N'd copies....Then told Wanda to leave them in her car THEN signed copies people brought to the show that very night.

Original series as in you bought an actual signed AND numbered Hardbound copy or just a hardbound that he signed that he later sold on his website? There never was a second printing of this book to my knowledge.

I'm referring to the incident a few years back when a dozen or so of us ordered $45 softbound copies of the book only to have Derek inform myself (via email) and the rest of us that he would NOT be signing ANY books because it wasnt "fair"(cheapened) to the people that bought the original hardbound S&N'd copies....Then told Wanda to leave them in her car THEN signed copies people brought to the show that very night.

It is signed and numbered. It is no. 1395.

Why do you still go on about this??? I was one of the people who ordered that book (cos I wanted a softcover too for my collection) but I don't care that he didn't sign it. He signed ONE copy that night, which was on the front cover of the book. He was so tired from travelling that he didn't know what he was signing after being there so long and signing a million things. If you really are that bothered about it, why don't you burn your fucking book and then we don't have to hear about this for the millionth bloody time! :rolleyes:

Yep, he tends to do that for his friends and peeps in close circles. It was great seeing him and Kim there! Thanks for the suprise Khan and Kim n Derek! :headbang:

I wonder how many "peeps" in close circles got free copies of the Route:666 CD and the subsequent t-shirts as well...:rolleyes:

It is signed and numbered. It is no. 1395.

Why do you still go on about this??? I was one of the people who ordered that book (cos I wanted a softcover too for my collection) but I don't care that he didn't sign it. He signed ONE copy that night, which was on the front cover of the book. He was so tired from travelling that he didn't know what he was signing after being there so long and signing a million things. If you really are that bothered about it, why don't you burn your fucking book and then we don't have to hear about this for the millionth bloody time! :rolleyes:

Yeah, of course you don't care/not bothered.... this coming from someone that got free sketches,dinner,who knows what else from the guy...I guess if you suck up to the right people....:rolleyes:

One copy that we know of, and thats becuase the guy posted the pic here...who know how many he signed that night....and don't make more excuses for the twat..."oh he's tired...its just his sense of humour"....Fuck Riggs...he's a hypocritical burned out douchebag.
The tool said he wasnt signing any books then, as I predicted, started selling BOTH signed SB's AND HB's on his website months later.
I'll continue to say it a million times more...Its the principal of the whole thing.

I never asked for any of those things. How dare you think I "suck up" to him. You don't know me, you have no idea what I'm like. Ask anyone on here who's met me, they'll tell you what I'm like and they know I would never do that. I was given that picture as a gift. I never asked for him to do it, nor would I. God help him giving his friend a gift - just like he did with Satoru and Kirsten. I'm done arguing with you. I have never met anyone so bitter over something so petty and childish.

So why didnt you cancel the order if all you wanted was a signed copy?
Maybe he thought that he was doing the right thing. People can make mistakes, they can change their minds. Could it have been a legal issue?

At the very worst its just bad marketing on Riggs part. At the very best its sheer spitefullness on your part. Accusing people on here of sucking up shows the mentality of it all and I am afriad you are making yourself look pretty childish and immature.

....and don't make more excuses for the twat..."oh he's tired...its just his sense of humour"....Fuck Riggs...he's a hypocritical burned out douchebag.

Yep, do you blame someone for not catering to the demands of someone who addresses him like this as well as constantly bagging on his artwork and skills? Let it go dude and focus on your own talent which we all know is amazing. Much more productive and better for your health - :saint:

I never asked for any of those things. How dare you think I "suck up" to him. You don't know me, you have no idea what I'm like. Ask anyone on here who's met me, they'll tell you what I'm like and they know I would never do that. I was given that picture as a gift. I never asked for him to do it, nor would I. God help him giving his friend a gift - just like he did with Satoru and Kirsten. I'm done arguing with you. I have never met anyone so bitter over something so petty and childish.

You don't know me either so calm the fuck down.

The "suck up" comment was sarcasm...nothing more...Thats why it was followed with this: :rolleyes:

That being said, its easy to see that you have an extreme biased view of Riggs for the exact reasons I mentioned....Personally getting fucked by Riggs out of $300+ isnt bitter or childish...Ignoring my other comments to placate
your own stance on the matter is.

So why didnt you cancel the order if all you wanted was a signed copy?
Maybe he thought that he was doing the right thing. People can make mistakes, they can change their minds. Could it have been a legal issue?

At the very worst its just bad marketing on Riggs part. At the very best its sheer spitefullness on your part. Accusing people on here of sucking up shows the mentality of it all and I am afriad you are making yourself look pretty childish and immature.

FYI, I have been collecting artbooks/prints for well over 25 years and was constantly asking for a Riggs artbook forever and a day. Unfortunately, the final product was less than desired...20% Maiden and the rest nothing but cut/paste digital crap.

The original S&N'd HB's were sold out by the time I got around to ordering one...Our particular order for the SB's was placed (including my purchase of a 2 unsigned hard covers at $150 a pop) and delivered before Riggs suddenly announced at the last second that he wasnt going to sign any books...then he did that night, pissing me off to no end.

No legal issue...Its just a bad decision/ignorance from a clueless artist on how the whole artbook thing works...He eventually figured it out and started selling the books, signed of course, on his website...by then the damage was done...I'll never spend a cent on anything new of his ever, ever again.

It was bad marketing (and editing/proof reading) on Riggs part and yeah, I'll stay pissed about it as long as I want...Like I said before, its the principal of the thing...Even though only 20% the book is worth looking at, each time I see him sign/sketch in other peoples books, it'll continue to chap my ass.

Yep, do you blame someone for not catering to the demands of someone who addresses him like this as well as constantly bagging on his artwork and skills? Let it go dude and focus on your own talent which we all know is amazing. Much more productive and better for your health - :saint:

I never said one disparaging word against the twat until he pulled that book bullshit and yeah, I'll rag on his "artwork" until he gets back to the quality people were accustomed to...Even though I know it'll never happen...He's totally lost it.

To quote the douche himself in regards to Eddie:

"Only the ones which I paint. The ones by other people are a bit lame. They all talk like they can paint but when it comes down to it they fail. This is because they talk the talk, but I am the only one who can walk the walk."

After seeing those recent sketches, maybe he'd like to recant this statement.
:lol:

BTW....Nice job ignoring my Route:666 comments...

You know, Tommy, I was actually complimenting you but you just can't get past the tip of your own nose. Fuck!
This subject is DONE here please. Redundant bitching is not what people want to read here.

K, now that this thread has been hijacked, may we please get back to the original subject? SWAP MEET!

Did we thank Chris Brightwell from Damage Inc for sitting in on a few songs in the first set? :headbang: