Swap out one band...

General Zod

Ruler of Australia
May 1, 2001
New Jersey
www.facebook.com
If there's been a post like this, please forgive my blatant disregard for bandwidth.

If you could swap out one band in the ProgPower VI line-up, and replace them, who would you replace and with whom would you replace them?

One catch, if you pull out a #5 slot band, you have to be replace them with a band of equal stature. So, you can't pull out Stride and add in Iron Maiden. As a matter of fact, you can't even pull out Stratovarius and add in Maiden.

For me, I'd pull out Symphorce and add in Pyramaze. I'm sure Andy will put on a good show, but I really wanted to see Pyramaze at this year's fest.

Zod

General Zod said:
If there's been a post like this, please forgive my blatant disregard for bandwidth.

If you could swap out one band in the ProgPower VI line-up, and replace them, who would you replace and with whom would you replace them?

One catch, if you pull out a #5 slot band, you have to be replace them with a band of equal stature. So, you can't pull out Stride and add in Iron Maiden. As a matter of fact, you can't even pull out Stratovarius and add in Maiden.

For me, I'd pull out Symphorce and add in Pyramaze. I'm sure Andy will put on a good show, but I really wanted to see Pyramaze at this year's fest.

Zod

First of all Zod, I agree with you. I was counting on Pyramaze to be there this year! It shocked me that they're not actually!

I'd pull out Orphaned Land and replace them with Masterplan any day of the week!!!! I don't think Masterplan's stature is any greater than Orphaned Land's, but you may disagree.

Good idea for a post!

I'll take out Therion and replace them with Arcturus.

Hmmm... here's a few other choices - Demons & Wizards, Primordial, Green Carnation, Agalloch, Manilla Road, The Duskfall, Moonsorrow, Thyrfing, Godgory, Novembers Doom, Sigh, Skyclad, Stygma IV, Slough Feg, Hammers of Misfortune, Virgin Steele, Vintersorg, Waylander...

...for starters.

Dark One said:
I'll take out Therion and replace them with Arcturus.

Hmmm... here's a few other choices - Demons & Wizards, Primordial, Green Carnation, Agalloch, Manilla Road, The Duskfall, Moonsorrow, Thyrfing, Godgory, Novembers Doom, Sigh, Skyclad, Stygma IV, Slough Feg, Hammers of Misfortune, Virgin Steele, Vintersorg, Waylander...

...for starters.

Let's keep this on-topic in terms of Zod's directions. YOu can only replace with a band of equal stature and you only get one band. That is what interests me in this thread, a band's perception.

This should not turn into your "wishlist" thread.

Not sure if it is the same stature or not, but, I would pull out Ophaned land for Labyrinth.

Harvester said:
Let's keep this on-topic in terms of Zod's directions. YOu can only replace with a band of equal stature and you only get one band. That is what interests me in this thread, a band's perception.

This should not turn into your "wishlist" thread.

No problem Glenn. Since I know Zod, I was just having some fun with it. My first sentence is the real answer. :)

I'm gonna be an asshole :lol: and do two:

1) yank PC69 and add Scanner

**edit: But I can be an even bigger asshole and delete one. :D

Glenn H.

theodyssey said:
Strato for Kreator. yeeaaaahhhh

See the thing is, Kreator is cool and all, but they've toured the U.S. pretty regularly over the last few years, and not just for a few select shows, but full blown tours. A Kreator appearance at Progpower simply would not feel "special" or "exclusive" in any way shape or form. I mean, seriously, what would be the point?

Yngvai X said:
oh this is easy...

Therion for Iron Savior

Cool choice! - I've always found Iron Savior to be one of the more underrated power bands out there - plus, they have a rough edge to them in lieu of the same 'ol same 'ol eurosuperspeed style. I think they'd go over quite well in Atlanta.