SWAT drugraid on family home

That is really pathetic to watch. Why would they storm in there like that - they went in like the family had an arsenal of AK-47's... apparently their NARC or CI had really bad information...

AND all this over a bit of weed... fucking disgraceful. Not like the guy had a meth lab in his basement for fucks sake.

Edit: Oh, and para-military simply implies that they work under "military conditions".. by legal measures, they are like regular police officers, but their training and the way they work is military.

Oh ok...Now i get it...I kept seeing the word military and automatically kept thinking like army or marines or something.

I understand that you sometimes don't have the time to take any chances with animals... but a caged pit bull and a fucking Corgi? Seriously?

They might as well shoot the family hamster, because he's probably more dangerous.

Fuck this made me sad :(

This CANNOT be SWAT. Seriously, they just look like fat macdo eaters, not heavily trained selectionned men, right ??

Until you showed me that video, I thought our french "G.I.G.N." was a SWAT equivalent, but now I see it's not, hopefully for us.

Killing the dog was just useless and free...

Soooo much anger. Why the fuck did they shoot a Corgi?! Flush the kids fucking fish down the shitter while you're at it.

Cops are pathetic. I've been searched without a warrant, had my apartment entered without any warning or warrant, and spent a night in jail because a cop I knew personally generally didn't like me. How could they even call that a successful raid?

I realize that not all police are like this, there are some good ones (however few), but this is a disgrace.

Ouch...definitely excessive force used here. I'm unable to watch the video at work but I read the small article.

Officers are authorized to shoot a dog if it poses a threat to their safety, obviously, since many small time and big time drug dealers use them as guard dogs (pitbulls rottweilers, etc) ...but a caged dog?? Fucked up...

In fairness, none of us really knew the prior evidence gathered for the issuance of this warrant. They only found a small amount of mj, but perhaps prior evidence suggested they had a bigger operation going on. Unless they had some seriously faulty evidence, or the judge who signed the warrant was half asleep that day, I guess we will never know.

I have met my share of asshole cops in my life, usually the beat cops that patrol our safe suburban cities, but I've also met many honest officers through my job that are very much dedicated to their jobs and are put into some insanely dangerous situations on a daily basis. Those are the dudes I respect and trust.

Joe

Its probably for the best that I can't view the video on my phone.

Killing the fucking dogs for no reason? I'd like to see them try that shit in Oregon. Whatever fucktard(s) shot the dogs would be lynched, or at the very least would be riding a little bike around issuing parking violations for the rest of his career.

If some faggot piece of shit did that to my dog I would find the fucker later, and break his fucking face with my fists. It would be well worth the jail time. But maybe first I'd find out where he lived and do a bit of domestic t*****ism on his home. Nothing drastic, just maybe kill his lawn, break windows, fuck up his roof, turn on outside water faucets right after he leaves for work, slash his tires when he gets back. You know, t*****ism.

I have a good friend of mine (a girl) in Ontario, Canada, who wants to be a local cop.

She's a reason making me hope a lot of them are still good, because she's one of those who really really see it like helping people and wants it like this, and she's a wonderful person generally speaking. She's trying hard to become a cop, she enjoys speaking about it. If she wasn't there, I would maybe loose a lot of confidence in most of them.

Its probably for the best that I can't view the video on my phone.

Killing the fucking dogs for no reason? I'd like to see them try that shit in Oregon. Whatever fucktard(s) shot the dogs would be lynched, or at the very least would be riding a little bike around issuing parking violations for the rest of his career.

If some faggot piece of shit did that to my dog I would find the fucker later, and break his fucking face with my fists. It would be well worth the jail time. But maybe first I'd find out where he lived and do a bit of domestic t*****ism on his home. Nothing drastic, just maybe kill his lawn, break windows, fuck up his roof, turn on outside water faucets right after he leaves for work, slash his tires when he gets back. You know, t*****ism.

:kickass:

I'm saying that they had evidence for sure, that it was more than some grams of weed.

More than likely, it was contrived evidence. Cops get a real rush from this sort of thing & will stop at nothing to get their next bust.

The guy who runs this site was an ex-drug cop... was interviewed in Maxim a while back & made some pretty interesting revelations.
http://nevergetbusted.com/2010/

You should check out "Kopbusters." Freakin' hilarious.

BTW, I urge anyone stuck with jury duty in a drug case:

VOTE TO ACQUIT non-violent drug offenders.

This guys who wrote "The Wire" TV series came up with this idea, and I think it's fn' brilliant. Here's a quote from them:
If asked to serve on a jury deliberating a violation of state or federal drug laws, we will vote to acquit, regardless of the evidence presented. Save for a prosecution in which acts of violence or intended violence are alleged, we will — to borrow Justice Harry Blackmun's manifesto against the death penalty — no longer tinker with the machinery of the drug war. No longer can we collaborate with a government that uses nonviolent drug offenses to fill prisons with its poorest, most damaged and most desperate citizens.

I think the dogs just scared the shit out of them (especially the first one barking), which of course gives them no right to shoot them anyway.. but explains it somehow.
I also noticed the guy with the camera is like "WTF" and jerks when there are more shots fired (in the part he's also in the house). I mean, how unprofessional is that?

I don't think it apologizes for anything, but they were probably pretty scared and expected some big-ass drugdealer and his killer dogs.. and then it just went all wrong. This is why I would never carry a gun.
Pretty sad thing.

That's disgusting. As unnecessary as it was did the cop stop to think that the bullet may have ricocheted or passed through the animal and hit the kid or someone else? I don't see how a "professional" could take such a chance. Scum.