Old, but for those who don't know...

joke critique: truncate it to just the second part after the first comma and get rid of the "and" and it's waaay funnier.

I'd like to think we'd have a proof reader of some kind to prevent such gross errors in punctuation.

Nah it would be government work so we would need 5 proof readers for each one actually working. (Note: I do work for the government and this is SO true.)

If we drag UHC in particular into this, my first response besides being against it, is to ask the question "Why is America getting so sick?" (considering the obvious fact that health care costs ARE rising, and not just because of inflation). I already know where I would want to go with that but I'd be interested to hear the other side.

And I don't know what the hell you're talking about with being smug, nor do I care. Everyone who feels as though I'm attacking them accuses me of that whether or not I actually am, so I don't even care if people think that at this point.

That's because you're a rude asshole, and completely remorseless about it. Maybe you should fucking take a hint from everyone who's pointed out that you needlessly offend people instead of just ignoring them because you lack the empathy to care.

The only thing I've claimed was that somebody's friend telling somebody that universal health care was impossible to implement in the US doesn't mean that it's impossible. This is a factually accurate statement, so I don't know what wrong I'm supposed to admit to. I never claimed that a universal health care system was possible or impossible to implement. I said that I haven't read enough on the subject. I generally try not to say things when I'm not sure of them, which I why I luckily am seldom in the position of needing to admit that I'm wrong (which, for the record, I do when I am wrong). And for the record, Obama's plan doesn't really amount to universal health care, in case anybody was wondering.

That's because you're a rude asshole, and completely remorseless about it. Maybe you should fucking take a hint from everyone who's pointed out that you needlessly offend people instead of just ignoring them because you lack the empathy to care.

You're right, I don't care. People misattribute intentions to what I say all the time, I don't even have the energy to care. I don't even know how many times I've told people that they need to take my posts with a grain of salt and things of that nature. Maybe I should just flood my posts with emoticons.

joke critique: truncate it to just the second part after the first comma and get rid of the "and" and it's waaay funnier.

I've looked into it and come to the conclusion that you are correct (which is a welcome turn of events after your not liking that flobots song debacle). The updated joke reply can be read below:

I think it would take a silly sausage to think that America can just go "hey we're using UHC now@!!!111!"

I'd like to think we'd have a proof reader of some kind to prevent such gross errors in punctuation.

The people who say Dodens is being rude are being just as rude as him. Also, expressing remorse on the internet for your rudeness is stupid, so why even bring that up as a so-called negative aspect of his personality?

:( the gash on the top of my head hurts again

EDIT: err, wrong thread.

oh well, Dodens isn't rude he is just Dodensish

You're right, I don't care. People misattribute intentions to what I say all the time, I don't even have the energy to care. I don't even know how many times I've told people that they need to take my posts with a grain of salt and things of that nature. Maybe I should just flood my posts with emoticons.

Or just show some restraint and not fucking insult people when they're obviously going to be offended by it? What's so hard about that.

Or just show some restraint and not fucking insult people when they're obviously going to be offended by it? What's so hard about that.

Please see my post responding to a point that Dakryn made (as compared to a lot of posts you've made in response to him) as well as the last several posts that I've made in response to Andy. I'm being pretty fucking civil.

Please see my post responding to a point that Dakryn made (as compared to a lot of posts you've made in response to him) as well as the last several posts that I've made in response to Andy. I'm being pretty fucking civil.

Is that supposed to excuse the fact that in general you are remorseless about insulting people? I know I insult people too, but I'm willing to acknowledge that it's rude, and back down when someone speaks out against it (in Dakryn's case, the insults are probably deserved though). That's different from just not giving a shit and expecting people to let your insults roll off of them as a rule of thumb.

The people who say Dodens is being rude are being just as rude as him. Also, expressing remorse on the internet for your rudeness is stupid, so why even bring that up as a so-called negative aspect of his personality?

How am I being rude to him, and how is expressing remorse on the Internet stupid? Both of those statements sound false to me.

Meh, fuck it. The fact that Nec constantly insults people and is pretty merciless in his anger and or scathing rhetoric and then tells people to take it with a grain of salt always makes me laugh, because it usually doesn't even apply. When there's no remorse presented at all, how should we take said thing with a grain of salt? By shrugging it off? Then he'd probably say we're taking the discussion too lightly. Frankly, I'm sick of it.

I'm not jumping on Dodens side here because well, I don't take sides. But neither of you have any room to talk. Just because you acknowledge that fact that you are being an asshole most of the time vihris doesn't make you any less of an asshole, nor does it solve the problem at hand. It's like saying, "With all do respect, your sister is a whore."

I'm not saying this to start yet another flame-fest, but you two need to wake the hell up and realize that it's not just Dodens (even though I understand when he is joking and/or being serious, same goes for cythraul even though it took me a while), there are a lot of people around here who need to change their attitude and communication skills.

edit: I'm sure neither of you care what I have to say, which is fine, but know this; I'm not the only one who feels this way.