Obama buys dish network channel; People continue to starve

The black vote has been well-entrenched within the Democratic party for many decades. On the other hand, is it really that surprising for such an oppressed minority to be thrilled over the fact that there is somebody who in some facet represents them and is actually a respectable candidate? Again, the fact of the matter is that there has never been a candidate more suited to the black vote in the history of the country, not simply because he's black, but also because of his policy issues. On the other hand, (contrary to what you believe, ShredHead) Palin receives rabid and often blind support from women regardless of whether or not they agree with her policy positions. I think it's clear that far more people support Palin solely because for her gender than who support Obama solely for his race. Concluding that because nearly all blacks are voting for Obama means that they are voting for him because of his race is false because, as I said, the black vote has always (in excess of 90%) gone for the Democrats for decades now. Palin had a disproportionate and uncharacteristic favor among white women, but that is beginning to subside now that she's being shown as the moron that she is.

Who is oppressing black people?

Where is the data supporting your statement about the the level of support for Palin based on her gender, and that compared to the level of support for Obama because of race? If were are just giving opinions, I would guess that you are entirely incorrect in that statement, and that the opposite would be true. For one thing, she is just the Repub. VP nominee. Obama is the Dem Presidential nominee. I think, just generally speaking, most people are voting for the president, and not the VP.

Who is oppressing black people?.

HAHAHAHA.

But in all seriousness, the Democrats' commitment to social welfare and education is a major reason why minorities tend to favor them, because the lacking in those two institutions is why minorities are perpetually languishing in urban squalor.

His point is that Palin is the VP candidate and people aren't voting "for her" I guess...but like lots of people are saying...she's only an old man's heartbeat away from getting the presidency...

His point is that Palin is the VP candidate and people aren't voting "for her" I guess...but like lots of people are saying...she's only an old man's heartbeat away from getting the presidency...

I can understand that, though McCain seems pretty healthy, and has a really old mom who seems to be doing well.

But I still question the "stats" given by Nec. I do understand that a large percentage of black people already vote Democratic, but I still think the number of blacks voting for Obama purely because he is black, is overwhelmingly more than the number of women who are voting for McCain purely because Palin is a woman. I wonder how many black people who might not have even registered to vote before, did so to vote for Nobama.

The whole system, really, which is run by rich white men who would rather fatten their wallets than give a shit about the lower class.

I would have thought this was obvious to most intelligent people.

But seriously, who is stopping black people from bettering themselves? I see quite a few black people working where I work, which is an engineering/manufacturing contractor. I know racism still exists and that some individuals will treat black people unfairly... are you saying the cumulative effect of that is oppressing all black people? Or is the government limiting what black people are allowed to do? What is it?

But seriously, who is stopping black people from bettering themselves? I see quite a few black people working where I work, which is an engineering/manufacturing contractor. I know racism still exists and that some individuals will treat black people unfairly... are you saying the cumulative effect of that is oppressing all black people? Or is the government limiting what black people are allowed to do? What is it?

It is a cumulative effect of passive racism. Such instances happen daily, such as the case of two equally qualified men applying for a job. The employer, who is statistically white (the richer you are, the more likely you're white) may choose one over the other based on race, though unconsciously.

But that's not all. The privilege of ignorance is what's allowing these injustices to perpetuate. Whites are able to tune out these issues because they don't affect us, since we have no dependence on the prosperity of minorities. Conversely, minorities have total dependence on us in order to succeed in a system controlled by the racial majority. But those whites are ignorant of the problem, and feel no incentive to correct injustices.

So long as there are no immediate rewards to improving social welfare among the social class, those in power won't be motivated to effectively address it.

But you say it should be up to the racial minorities to raise themselves up. They ought to, but again the system makes it extremely difficult. Lack of funding in the education system, especially for urban schools, is preventing minorities from earning degrees and qualifying for higher-paying jobs. How can minorities elevate themselves in society when they are denied the very means by which they can do so?

It is a cumulative effect of passive racism. Such instances happen daily, such as the case of two equally qualified men applying for a job. The employer, who is statistically white (the richer you are, the more likely you're white) may choose one over the other based on race, though unconsciously.

But that's not all. The privilege of ignorance is what's allowing these injustices to perpetuate. Whites are able to tune out these issues because they don't affect us, since we have no dependence on the prosperity of minorities. Conversely, minorities have total dependence on us in order to succeed in a system controlled by the racial majority. But those whites are ignorant of the problem, and feel no incentive to correct injustices.

So long as there are no immediate rewards to improving social welfare among the social class, those in power won't be motivated to effectively address it.

But you say it should be up to the racial minorities to raise themselves up. They ought to, but again the system makes it extremely difficult. Lack of funding in the education system, especially for urban schools, is preventing minorities from earning degrees and qualifying for higher-paying jobs. How can minorities elevate themselves in society when they are denied the very means by which they can do so?

Thank you for the answer. The things you're saying make sense. Not sure what the best answer is. Obviously it is not an easy issue to solve.

I'm glad you're starting to understand. Living in the middle of the dessert doesn't give you much exposure to issues like urban poverty and racial injustice.

Then again, these same dynamics apply to Native Americans, too, but with an even worse effect because of cultural incongruity. Heck, even biologically because of their low alcohol tolerance.

I guess that's what Affirmative Action is all about, and while the idea of a *less* qualified minority getting a job over a more qualified white guy bothers me (because it's an injustice and does not reward talent properly), I can see where it could help the black population overall, now and future generations.

But it seems that poverty, and not necessarily race, is what keeps poor people of all races down. There are tons of uneducated, unskilled people who will never make that interview. Programs that allow them to scrape by without improving themselves are what I think needs to be avoided. Education seems like it is the key, but it seems to me that money can't fix a system that lacks care. If the teachers don't care, the kids will know and their education will suffer. It's like all those movies they make where the caring teacher comes into the minority school and makes a difference. It doesn't take a LOT of extra money to improve the education system, it takes teachers and administrations who care. How do you legislate or buy that?

I actually think that I may like to become a teacher (Elementary level) in the future.

The black vote has been well-entrenched within the Democratic party for many decades. On the other hand, is it really that surprising for such an oppressed minority to be thrilled over the fact that there is somebody who in some facet represents them and is actually a respectable candidate? Again, the fact of the matter is that there has never been a candidate more suited to the black vote in the history of the country, not simply because he's black, but also because of his policy issues. On the other hand, (contrary to what you believe, ShredHead) Palin receives rabid and often blind support from women regardless of whether or not they agree with her policy positions. I think it's clear that far more people support Palin solely because for her gender than who support Obama solely for his race. Concluding that because nearly all blacks are voting for Obama means that they are voting for him because of his race is false because, as I said, the black vote has always (in excess of 90%) gone for the Democrats for decades now. Palin had a disproportionate and uncharacteristic favor among white women, but that is beginning to subside now that she's being shown as the moron that she is.

OK Bro, I don't think you're understanding my angle on this...

I understand that the overwhelming magority of minorities (including blacks) vote Democrat. That has been set in stone & we understand that.

What I'm saying is that it's a fact that many blacks who have never voted before are registering to vote now to vote for Obama simply because he's black, therefore race is a big issue with him.

I don't know if you see this or not as I really can't remember where you live, but I live in Orlando which is nearly 40% black now. I work with a lot of blacks & I know quite a few outside of work. I see the ghettos. I see the Obama t-shirts. I hear the remarks that blacks make about Obama & how he is their savior & how they need a black man in office so they can attain equality. I'm not making this up. Many of the blacks with this mindset are not voting for political reasons because they know nothing of politics. Hell, I don't know anything about politics. They're voting him because of his race.

This all boils down to the fact that the race card is being pulled more frequently for Obama than it is for Palin. I'm not saying women aren't doing the same thing for Palin/McCain that blacks aren't doing for Obama, I'm saying it's a more profound impact to have a black president rather than a woman vice president. It's making more waves. Had Palin not been a more interesting character (Govoner of Alaska for only 2 years, inexperienced, radical views, pretty, stupid, retarded grandbaby, blahblahblah) She would not be in the news nearly as much & her gender wouldn't mean very much then. If she was an old frigid crab that's been in the Senate 30 years she wouldn't be getting this kind of press. Hillary didn't even get this kind of press on her campaign. Hellfuckinggoddamn, not many women were even voting for Hillary I heard.

Also, most white women who plan to vote are already registered and have voted before, so Palin isn't going to bring is as many new voters as Obama will. Even so, I haven't met a single woman who says she is going to vote for McCain / Palin and part of this is because Palin isn't the quality character who most women want as their political representative.

I would even argue that McCain killed his own campaign by choosing Palin as his Vice Presidential nominee.

I couldn't catch all of the Presidential Debate, & I was kinda pissed because I didn't

Just watch it on Youtube. It's all there.

It doesn't take a LOT of extra money to improve the education system, it takes teachers and administrations who care. How do you legislate or buy that?

I'm pretty sure that the pay for many public school teachers varies at least somewhat based on merit. Increasing funding for inner-city schools could attract better quality teachers to those schools.