Obama buys dish network channel; People continue to starve

what affirmative action was at the start, and what it is now, are two different things. now this is my personal view, but i think that affirmative action has done more to hurt people than help in the last decade. it has labeled people as victims, which prevents them from getting past their perceived social caste. and unfortunately, alot of people have taken that victim card and played it over and over, and that just isnt good for the rest of the people on any number of levels.

its time to stop looking for victim handouts and accept the fact that people of all races really are equal now. now we need to break people of the special treatment addiction.
~gR~

I agree with this. It's not to say that there are not things to overcome, but people need to analyze their options, make the best choice for themselves and those around them, and be responsible for the outcome. Yeah, sometimes despite peoples' best efforts, they still need help, but it needs to be based on them making real efforts going forward. People also need to humble themselves if necessary and take the jobs that are available. Believe me I would be washing dishes (at more than one job if necessary) if that was the only way to support my family.

Palin might as well have balls and a dick between her legs since she pretty much stands for nothing pertaining to women. And even though people are starting to realize what an idiot she is, I'm sure there are still plenty of middle aged, doped up on pain killers soccer moms who will still vote for her because she's a woman. :rolleyes:
Joe Biden has been an exceptionally strong force for women. He was the one that got the Violence Against Women Act passed. The VAW gives women the right to sue men who commit violence against them, it makes penalties for violence against women harsher, and provides more assistance to the legal. It also provides money to pay for prosecution of offenders as well criminalizing rape within marriage. As a person who finds violence against women one of the most despicable things in the world, learning this made me love Joe Biden a lot more.

Oh and guess who voted against the Violence Against Women Act: John McCain

Who is oppressing black people?

its time to stop looking for victim handouts and accept the fact that people of all races really are equal now.
I loled. Do you guys know nothing about social inequality in America? It's not just racism that's holding people down, it's all the things Zeph said.

Joe Biden has been an exceptionally strong force for women. He was the one that got the Violence Against Women Act passed. The VAW gives women the right to sue men who commit violence against them, it makes penalties for violence against women harsher, and provides more assistance to the legal. It also provides money to pay for prosecution of offenders as well criminalizing rape within marriage. As a person who finds violence against women one of the most despicable things in the world, learning this made me love Joe Biden a lot more.

Oh and guess who voted against the Violence Against Women Act: John McCain
In all fairness to McCain, the title of the act is counter-intuitive :lol: