desperate GOP scrapes for ways to smear Obama

McCain will not end abortion. So it shouldn't even be an issue in deciding who to vote for.

I know this, and I do not vote solely based on this issue.

Did AchrisK seriously challenge Obama's patriotism? This is the oldest GOP trick in the book: Anyone who thinks that the way we're doing things is wrong must hate America. What a load of shit.

No, that is not what I am talking about. I am talking more about things like his wife's infamous statement.

No, that is not what I am talking about. I am talking more about things like his wife's infamous statement.

I just want to ask you to consider this.
Is there any reason his wife should have been proud of America? Just think about what her American experience had been as a black woman.

Does this really have anything to do with anything? I think that kind of honesty is refreshing. Even if you don't think so, what on earth does that have to do with which man will be the better president?

Grasping for straws itt.

Does this really have anything to do with anything? I think that kind of honesty is refreshing. Even if you don't think so, what on earth does that have to do with which man will be the better president?

Grasping for straws itt.

It's just an opinion. Get off his case.

itt people who are blindly patriotic.

Not blindly, but I think a president should be pretty patriotic. I know that is one way in which liberals differ from conservatives. Libs tend towards being ashamed of America, and Conservatives may tend toward blind patriotism. I think this country, though imperfect, is worthy of patriotism. I personally am very happy to be here.

I agree with you in that I am glad to live in this country. But I see positives in being critical and proactive, rather than assuming things are fine and being reactive. Just because things are generally good does not mean we could be doing better. Skepticism is a very good thing.

I'm not trying to bust your balls or anything. But it's scarce to find conservatives in my area, let alone those who have thought out their positions.

lol @ people defending Michelle Obama's mouthings off.

Just face it you guys, she's a typical angry black woman who's bitter about America's history and too politically naive to keep her mouth shut about it.

Being critical of your country is not being ashamed. If you don't criticize the negatives then you will never fix them.

True, and there are appropriate ways to make that known, and appropriate things that can be done. There are also inappropriate ways and things. Her comment was inappropriate.

But as far as the ashamed thing, I am just saying I think it is a tendency of some on the left to actually be ashamed, as it may be a tendency for some on the right to be more blindly patriotic. Neither extreme is good IMO, but the tendency of the left is potentially more destructive to the nation.