The Bill Ayers thread

Oblivious Maximus

I am the worm
Nov 5, 2003
Serving time in the middle of nowhere
A little late on posting a thread on this but it might make for interesting discussion. I'm sure you're all aware of the controversy regarding Obama's "association" with Ayers, former member of the notorious Weather Underground radical anti-war group. While I don't think the majority of people consider Ayers the "top" issue when voting, I do think he's a polorizing figure that always sparks debate. With Revrend Wright, Obama had a problem, but Wright's comments were comming from more of a racial standpoint. Ayers however, was, and still is very public about his past, including many bombings of many US institutions. If you compare the two, I'd say Obama has a bigger problem with Ayers seeing as how Wright never commited violent acts.

Obama claims he and Ayers were simply on a pannel dealing with juvenile justice in Chicago. Others claim the two are more connected.

Your thoughts?

I think Bill Ayers will be the next VP and him and Obama will dig up Karl Marx's corpse and stick a lighting rod in it during a thunderstorm, reanimating him, after which Marx will wear a hockey mask and go on a killing spree and collect more and more taxes.

Prof. Zee, that's almost as good as my idea of finding the secret bunker where Hitler and Stalin are cryogenically suspended and unfreeze them both for a knock-down steel-cage match, Tuesday, November 4th, at the SkyDome, in Toronto! Bill Ayers can be the celebrity referee.

Jurched

The republicans are gonna lose this election, mainly because a huge majority of the people are so sick of Bush. The best thing the republicans can do is distance themselves from Bush as far as possible. The Repubs always like to go after scandals & character issues to discredit their rivals so people will vote for them. Instead, they should be focusing on the problems in this country and telling people how they plan on resolving them.