Sweep picking (HELP!)

Well, I'm too lazy to type out tab for you, but be very relaxed, start slowly, and practice, practice, practice...

I usually grip my pick a bit lighter than normal when I'm doing sweeps...

If it feels like you're picking each string, then you're doing it wrong.... it's like brushing the pick over the strings...

Just do a search on google or soemthing for arpeggio tabulature and you should find plenty...

Reactions: NuclearFetus01
Here's a post I put on another guitar forum :

I use the same fingering, with this one your hand stays in the strongest position. There are a lot of players that forget about the pinky and don't develop it. Try this one out:

|-------------------8--12--8---------------------|
|---------------10------------10-----------------|
|-------------9--------------------9--------------|
|---------10-------------------------10----------|
|10--12--------------------------------12--10-|
|--------------------------------------------------|

hammer on the 10 to 12 on the A string with the index and pinky then continue middle,index,middle, index and hammer the pinky, then pull off and go down the same way. this is a speed shape, if you hammer on with the middle finger you will never get it as fast and solid as with the index!! (the freaks can right hand tap the 15 fret on the high E string using the 10th fret as passing note before going down again) enjoy!!

Reactions: NuclearFetus01
Hey Man, you're from South England. I learned this shit when I was in London at the Guitar Institute (The Powerhouse). Maybe you should check it out!! They have got open days all through the year, just check them out, you'll drop your jaw to the ground!

/Sven

Originally posted by Cainite
Hey Man, you're from South England. I learned this shit when I was in London at the Guitar Institute (The Powerhouse). Maybe you should check it out!! They have got open days all through the year, just check them out, you'll drop your jaw to the ground!

/Sven

that sounds good, i might just look into that, i go to london often

Originally posted by Cainite

/Sven

Class-A. Im, hopefully, going to attend the degree course there in a few years.