Sweet guitars

Wacom Rock: A sound performance instrument by Jon Cambeul
wacomguitar.jpg

I propose to perform a piece of real-time music composition using the speech synthesis manager in Mac OS 9.2. The project considers the possibilities of using a Wacom tablet as a device for the control of digital signal processing during a live music performance. It is a study into how it is possible to control the various parameters of the Apple speech manager and use it as a musical instrument.
The idea of using a drawing tablet as a rock guitar came from talking about two rock bands, Status Quo and ZZ Top. The way these bands hold their guitars is characteristic and my idea was to emulate that through the gestures on the wacom tablet to perform a real-time electronic one-man band and not just perform behind a laptop.
Interests and Achievements:
I took part in the Biennale festival in Ogaki City with the initial version of the Wacom Rock project. It was developed at the Institute of Advanced Media Arts and Sciences (IAMAS) in Japan from its inception to performance.
Two of my animated shorts were accepted into the LONO festival of moving image.
I took part in an art exhibition in Salado Austin Texas 2000. One of my sculptures was included in the exhibition. The Auto church 2.
I have produced Max/Msp sound compositions for the last 4 years and performed in London at the S.U. at the RCA The Vibe Bar, Public Life, People Show studios, and The Spits Club.

hhhhhuuuuuuuuuukkkkaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiii o_O

Feel_The_Force said:
Whats the best pickup set to get? i've heard people say the X2N is good for the bridge, what do i put in the neck? or the other way round i don't know i get confused!
best is very subjective, imo the best bridge pickup ever made is the x2n, but someone else may say emg's... it all depends on what you want to do with your guitar. currently i am building a guitar in luthiery school in which i'm putting 2 x2n's in it, gonna wire the bridge one in serial and the neck one in parallel to balance out the volume and give different sounds... but if i were recommending one for a customer i might recommend an x2n in the bridge spot and a duncan jazz in the neck spot, the jazz is fairly similar to the 59 but a little different tone, and imo a great neck pickup. it all depends on what you want to get out of it though

Elysian893 said:
best is very subjective, imo the best bridge pickup ever made is the x2n, but someone else may say emg's... it all depends on what you want to do with your guitar. currently i am building a guitar in luthiery school in which i'm putting 2 x2n's in it, gonna wire the bridge one in serial and the neck one in parallel to balance out the volume and give different sounds... but if i were recommending one for a customer i might recommend an x2n in the bridge spot and a duncan jazz in the neck spot, the jazz is fairly similar to the 59 but a little different tone, and imo a great neck pickup. it all depends on what you want to get out of it though

sounds like an awesome Idea, is this that rhoads I keep seeing you posting man?

yeah, its a swamp ash body with a piece of unfigured mertle for the top, gonna be blood red edges with trans red burst, 2 x2n's, tune-o-matic, string through body, prs style set neck(best option they gave me for a first guitar...)

ok which do you think would be a better guitar to buy the steve vai ibanex or the joe satriani ibanez.