Sweetest Guitar.

oh shit, pics of the color work i did today!

GuitarPicsColor001.jpg

GuitarPicsColor002.jpg

GuitarPicsColor003.jpg

GuitarPicsColor004.jpg

was gonna do just red, but my instructor was like "wanna do a black that is almost red in the light?" and i was like hell yeah!

War_Blade said:

i think it looks cool i just enjoy playing on more conservative guitars....
i made deliberate and concise efforts to make sure this guitar is comfortable, because its MY guitar, and i hate any other "aggressive" shape because they aren't comfortable at all. this guitar is very light, and when playing sitting or standing its just as comfortable as any strat. look at the contouring i did on the back side of the points, it is very smooth, not pokey, which translates to the cutouts just feeling like a normal comfort curve.

Elysian, i couldn't help but notice that you call anyone who makes a negative comment on your a guitar blind, retarded, or dumb.
That's not really a good approach, because this is the thing, your sharing your guitar with the internet, so expect some hate.
How abuot just explain to them why it IS comfortable instead of calling them visually impaired. But, you need to learn how to take criticism, dont worry if they don't like your guitar, because well its your own guitar. Many people don't understand how hard/difficult and special it is to build your own guitar. So lay off the nay-sayers, because it's just wasting your time.

I like the guitar, new paint job is sick. cant wait till final project is unleashed.

Whats your next guitar idea? I'd like to see your approach on a strat.

That paint job looks amazing, Adam. Any designs for an emblem or logo of some sort on the headstock?

Extreme looking guitars aren't really my style, but I really like your V design. Are you gonna start making that one next? Can you show us more of your sketches?

elysian its good to see this guitar coming around, just make sure you get rid of that orange peel man! dear lord! looks good so far though

is there any point saying anyhting? :Smug:

dude thats is insane good looking guitar. :lol:

LadyValerie said:
That paint job looks amazing, Adam. Any designs for an emblem or logo of some sort on the headstock?
EG.jpg

this is going on the truss rod cover in abalone

goth_fiend said:
elysian its good to see this guitar coming around, just make sure you get rid of that orange peel man! dear lord! looks good so far though
duh, you think i'm new? :Spin:

The Leper said:
Elysian, i couldn't help but notice that you call anyone who makes a negative comment on your a guitar blind, retarded, or dumb.
That's not really a good approach, because this is the thing, your sharing your guitar with the internet, so expect some hate.
How abuot just explain to them why it IS comfortable instead of calling them visually impaired. But, you need to learn how to take criticism, dont worry if they don't like your guitar, because well its your own guitar. Many people don't understand how hard/difficult and special it is to build your own guitar. So lay off the nay-sayers, because it's just wasting your time.

I like the guitar, new paint job is sick. cant wait till final project is unleashed.

Whats your next guitar idea? I'd like to see your approach on a strat.
its already been said in this thread, i shouldn't have to repeat it. i've got a design of this thats more strat like with a longer upper horn, same basic design for the rest of it... the guitar i'm building now is a 7 string neck through V

Elysian you fuck! you infected me!
i was thinking alot about it, reading too but now i want to build one my self too :p

i might have come off a bit harsh but that is what i saw.

I noticed of much work you put into that.

Just the idea of making your own guitar in general is cool. I wish i could...

what paint did you use? how many coats and most important how did you use it?
on the close up it seams like you sprayed it and its still need good polish work