Sweetest Guitar.

The Soulforged said:
bump. any pics on the work in progress? it is gonna be a sweet ax
i don't, the dude never sent me any of the other pics we took... today i glued the neck in, contoured the heel so it feels like a neck through, did the side dots on the fingerboard, and the other day i finished up all my inlay work on it... i also routed the neck pickup today, my control cavity also got completely finished today. we're going to hammer the frets in later this week, can't wait... i'm also doing another project at the same time, as i'm too quick for the pace of this course, so i have too much free time... i brought in my RG7421, stripped down all the paint, put a flame maple top on it, as well as a flame maple head cap, both bookmatched, routed it for EMG 81-7 and 707, redid some of the holes in it for volume, input jack, 5 way switch, etc. routed a dual battery box, and removed the rosewood fingerboard and replaced it with an ebony board. the neck is almost done now, its at the same point my guitar i'm building is at, side dots are in, fingerboard is on, slotted, and radiused, waiting for frets, also, i'm only doing 2 off center dots on the 12th fret(about 4mm diameter mother of pearl), so the holes for those are drilled, but i'm waiting on the material, probably get that tomorrow... i'm gonna do the frets on my RG7421 right after i do the frets on the one i'm building... i'll probably paint the RG7421 after everyone has finished painting their electrics, i'm gonna do a black and natural burst on it, should look insane, the top i got is super bitchin. wish i had pics of it, but i'll have some before and after pics when i get it all finished...

One of the guys from Amon Amarth should buy it from you. That guitar looks like a fuckin deadly axe. :headbang:

i might have a bunch of pics tonight, i asked the dude if he could send them, and i went ahead and took some more, including pics of the ibanez i'm working on...

here goes...

100_1593.JPG

100_1594.JPG

this one is kind of a progress pic on the neck
100_1597.JPG

and these next few are the final product
100_1598.JPG

100_1600.JPG

100_1601.JPG

this is something i saw on the ibanez petrucci model, so petrucci could play higher, but it seems nice for playing at any level.
100_1612.JPG

almost done! this is after i glued the neck in place, i forgot to get a back shot of the neck heel, i blended it into the body like a neck through, it looks and feels great.
100_1611.JPG

and this is my RG7421 with its new book matched top and headcap, its new ebony fingerboard, and the dots are already drilled, thats the only inlay i'm doing on it. its routed out for EMG 707 and 81-7.

wow elysian, it's looking great. What color are you going to paint it? Were you planning on doing bevels or something?

Elysian893 said:
100_1612.JPG

almost done! this is after i glued the neck in place, i forgot to get a back shot of the neck heel, i blended it into the body like a neck through, it looks and feels great.
For some reason, that neck reminds me of Japan X......
BTW: Great job on the design