Sweetest Guitar.

@enjoi17: luv ur sig man, me nad my friend were watchin that video and we must've played that part a 100 x.

i thint the neck sits too high, but didnt you say you had to lower it anyway?not my style of guitar but it is pretty sweet. what kinda headstock are you going to have? its gotta be orginal man

The Soulforged said:
@enjoi17: luv ur sig man, me nad my friend were watchin that video and we must've played that part a 100 x.

i thint the neck sits too high, but didnt you say you had to lower it anyway?not my style of guitar but it is pretty sweet. what kinda headstock are you going to have? its gotta be orginal man
its kind of like an ibanez fucked jackson headstock, reversed, and the neck does sit high right now, because we haven't put the 2 degree angle on it yet, when we put the 2 degree angle on it we also trim it to size.

:lol: good discription man! yea i like my guitars to have the fretboard pretty much on the body, but i know nothing of making guitars, especially with angles and what not. but how did you get into a luthier/ building guitar school?

gotta be accepted for this one, they basically have to make sure you aren't taking the school for a hobby, you have to be serious... i had to write a paper on why i think i'd be a good luthier lol... and you gotta have lots of cash or be willing to go into lots of debt :(

aye that sucks, but i'd seriously go to luither class, i mean building somthing that you love has to rock. jsut out of curiousity much does it cost to build a guitar from scratch?

wow doesnt surprise me that companies want 2000+ for a custom guitar, just for man hours and a little profit. looks like it starts to get difficult when you start working on the neck thou

The Soulforged said:
wow doesnt surprise me that companies want 2000+ for a custom guitar, just for man hours and a little profit. looks like it starts to get difficult when you start working on the neck thou
i've been told neck through is much more difficult... and i've been doing a lot of thinking, and i understand from a structural standpoint, the benefit from neck through, but from a tonal standpoint, i don't understand it... i've really put a lot of thought into this, and when you do a neck through guitar, the guitar adopts most of its tone from the neck wood, and not so much from the body wood.... so from a tonal standpoint, unless you want to sound like your neck wood, a set neck makes more sense, because it evens out the tone response of the neck with the body wood, you get both aspects of the tone, and body wood makes more of an impact... so i'm thinking on my 3rd guitar i'm going to do a highly sculpted set neck, so as to have the nice feel of a neck through, yet have the body wood benefit the tone more... just a philosophy of mine i guess...