Switching to broadband

I finally got hooked up about a month back, and I am loving it.

My mobile phone contract recently expired, and I think I will change over to Optus, so when I move out of home in the near future (hopefully) I can have my home phone and Broadband through Optus and get one of those package deals where you get a few months net free or some shit. I hope it is worth doing.

Definately do what Phloggy suggested and check out whirlpool's site.. They also have a Broadband users survey on their site somewhere I believe, which gives you a rundown of how satisfied the participants were, what ISP they were on, etc etc...

Priest of Evil said:
Been thinking of switching to broadband myself. Currently with SENet paying $28 per month with unlimited downloads, which isnt too bad I rarely download stuff these days but if you can get free local calls included at a rate of $50 a month with broadband, i think im sold. Bigpond you say Mr.Ripper?

If your home phone service is with Telstra, you get installation free and six months at 50%. It's worth checking out.

I was with Ozemail dial-up ($29.95/month), and switched to their (slow now) broadband in Feb.

$39.95/month, 300 (or 350) MB per month at 256k, and then it drops to 56k (still about 4 times faster than dial-up).

I've saved $10/month local calls easily.

Problem is...work can now call me out of hours, instead of grizzling the next day "were you on the internet again ?", or ringing neighbours that I wouldn't know from a bar of soap to knock on my door and tell me to ring work.