Switching

eddie_maiden

Nov 25, 2008
Chicago
Got a question here. I got a new computer because my old one had a virus, and i didnt delete any of my music from my iTunes Library so its still there. But I know that i have to put it on the iTunes on the new computer yet an iPod can only be synced with one itunes library. How can I put all of my library music onto the new computer's itunes library without my ipod erasing my music and syncing with the blank library?

you'll need yr old pc with the old itunes first.

connect the ipod to the old itunes and when it comes up, under the summary screen, theres a few boxes you can tick - one of them is like atuomatically sync music etc... and one thats something like manually snyc music. click the manually manage music one.

then disconnect - you have to eject it properly to work. plug the ipod into your new itunes and when it shows up on there, it wont auto-sync. instead in intunes, under the ipod's name on the left, you'll see the playlist you use on it. just drag and drop the music you want into that, open the ipod up and click sync music. and youll keep the old music and yr new music to.

great for getting music from friends itunes to!

Ok, would it also work if i did this: plug my ipod into the new computer w/ itunes, and then would it take the music already on the ipod and put it into the library? (somehow i feel this question was just answered)

nope, thats were itunes is a bitch:mad: it'll auto sync and you'll lose it all.

needs to be set to manual on the origunal itunes:)