Any itunes experts out there? please help

popcorn

New Metal Member
Oct 16, 2007
ok so i got a bad computer virus which destroyed my internet about a month ago.I had to restore everything completely but first I backed up all my files, including my itunes library list which had all my play counts and ratings etc.

'ITL file' is the file type (itunes library file?) but how do i get that file back and running on itunes? any help would be greatly appreciated this is very annoying.:erk:

ok so i got a bad computer virus which destroyed my internet about a month ago.I had to restore everything completely but first I backed up all my files, including my itunes library list which had all my play counts and ratings etc.

'ITL file' is the file type (itunes library file?) but how do i get that file back and running on itunes? any help would be greatly appreciated this is very annoying.:erk:

Hello popcorn,

the ITL file is a list of songs in the library, playlists created by the user, song ratings, and comments. It is simply just a "database", not the actual files themselves. If you don't have those specific files located in the right directories. then this ITL file will be of no help even if you do re-install itunes. Again this file is a database, if you have updated or changed directories from before then your going to have to start from scratch.

Don't re-install iTunes after reinstalling the OS. Never use iTunes again. HTH