Sword - Metalized

Vicious Robbie

Faithful Neon Dreamer
Talk about going back in time! I had almost forgotten about this short gem from Canada and this, their debut album. We are talkin' 1986 here. These guys released only two albums (this one and Sweet Dreams)but man, this debut is just full of good ole heavy metal done the right way. The band apparently had been touring the club scene in the Quebec region for quite sometime and finally got to sign to a major label and wait for their big break. Something that never came...:erk:

Not only did they tour in support of Motörhead and Alice Cooper, but the group was hand picked to open for Metallica on the 1986 "Master of Puppets" tour (I am assuming the Canadian dates). Yet no success. Anyhow, any of you remember this record? :headbang:

Another thread about this? Always comes up every year. :headbang:

I've long considered this my favorite album. I dunno if it still is, but it's really high up there. Major influence for myself and really helped push me into metal (after metallica). Not to mention I play part of the solo for Outta Control when we do Seek and Destroy. That actually gives me an idea... maybe we should cut a cover of that tune!

In any case, one of the best Canadian metal bands ever. This album is an absolute classic and no metal fan should go without hearing it.

The band apparently had been touring the club scene in the Quebec region for quite sometime and finally got to sign to a major label and wait for their big break. Something that never came...

They actually got quite a lot of airplay / video play in Canada in the 80s. Stoned Again was a staple on Much Music.

Another thread about this? Always comes up every year. :headbang:

Yeah and usually brought up by you :lol:

I must confess that after so much harrasment from Brandon :saint: I bought the CD and it's a very enyojable 80's metal (real metal) album. I'm not gonna put it in any top ten of mine but it's a good piece of music.

One of my favorites :headbang: I still have the cassette but it's f.u.b.a.r :lol: Glad i found it on cd.

When you bring up an old classic it shouldn't be an issue even if the threads been done.There's always a younger person or someone who gets in to the scene late so they should be aware of the classics.