Swords & Chains Records proudly presents...Eternal Champion

3owRkHQ.jpg

Wish i could afford to go to Keep It True

It is actually pretty cheap when you boil it down....we had 4 people in our group.

Our flights were about $660. With travel insurance it was about 700.

Hotels for 6 nights ended up being $350 for tuesday the 16th to the 22nd monday.

Car was under 500 for the week as well.

So for basics it was around a grand. We were there for almost a week...you could easily fly in on thursday and then leave on sunday and it would be much cheaper. I highly recommend getting a car. Since there is ins and outs you can put stuff in your car instead of holding it all day.

If you wanted to be cheap you can camp right there as well. Lots of people did that. Plus there are trains as well so you can land in Frankfurt and train to Wurburg to Lauda. Only downside is you are under the gun of time then.

Now, I am a person who hates being out of his comfort zone and hates traveling. I loved every minute of being out there. Going back next year as well and Brofest UK as well. Anyone who even wants to go...just do it. Save for it...it is well worth it. The hardest part was deciding when to shop or hang out and what to miss band wise.....it goes very very fast.

See, I'd have to make a several week trip out of it. I don't think I can justify a flight to Europe to see a metal show without spending additional time exploring.

I did get to see Prague Death Mass 2012 while I was in Europe last summer, and it was quite awesome. A great basement show in east Prague. I met a local UMer who lives in Prague and spent the weekend drinking Pilsner Urquell and seeing sights.

See, I'd have to make a several week trip out of it. I don't think I can justify a flight to Europe to see a metal show without spending additional time exploring.

I did get to see Prague Death Mass 2012 while I was in Europe last summer, and it was quite awesome. A great basement show in east Prague. I met a local UMer who lives in Prague and spent the weekend drinking Pilsner Urquell and seeing sights.

yeah we did a week so we could see other shows and stuff as well. I was just making the point where it isnt some crazy price to go...If anyone is thinking of going add a few days at the start because lots of shows pop up close to it and also to just see the sights.

yeah man, Mendozzzzzzzzzaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Its Vic!! I was up front by the stage for most of KIT because I couldn't pass the chance at having the best seat in the house!

holy shit.....I didnt know you posted here to funny. No kidding...I saw you guys over there all the time. It cracked me up...perfect view and no one pushing you.

Get ready for next weekend with a drunk Mendozaaaaaaaaa

Mike Mendyk already knows how I feel about this one

Anyone contemplating a Europe trip: Make it a several-week experience, and even bounce around to another country or two. Inter-europe flights are mega cheap and there's loads to see out there. I'd say pick like 3 gigs/fests in an allowable timeframe and budget for that. In 2008 I did Wacken and Bloodstock UK and we spent 3 weeks travelling Germany and Britain, unforgettable.

Anyone contemplating a Europe trip: Make it a several-week experience, and even bounce around to another country or two. Inter-europe flights are mega cheap and there's loads to see out there. I'd say pick like 3 gigs/fests in an allowable timeframe and budget for that. In 2008 I did Wacken and Bloodstock UK and we spent 3 weeks travelling Germany and Britain, unforgettable.

by the way....we saw your vinyl at KIT...pat bought one.

This is what I am doing for Prague Death Mass this year. That wasn't even my main reason for going to Europe -- everything just happened to work out perfectly and now I can go to the best fest of the summer.

Eternal Champion is members of Graven Rite, yeah?

It is actually pretty cheap when you boil it down....we had 4 people in our group.

Our flights were about $660. With travel insurance it was about 700.

Hotels for 6 nights ended up being $350 for tuesday the 16th to the 22nd monday.

Car was under 500 for the week as well.

So for basics it was around a grand. We were there for almost a week...you could easily fly in on thursday and then leave on sunday and it would be much cheaper. I highly recommend getting a car. Since there is ins and outs you can put stuff in your car instead of holding it all day.

If you wanted to be cheap you can camp right there as well. Lots of people did that. Plus there are trains as well so you can land in Frankfurt and train to Wurburg to Lauda. Only downside is you are under the gun of time then.

Now, I am a person who hates being out of his comfort zone and hates traveling. I loved every minute of being out there. Going back next year as well and Brofest UK as well. Anyone who even wants to go...just do it. Save for it...it is well worth it. The hardest part was deciding when to shop or hang out and what to miss band wise.....it goes very very fast.

Cheap for someone who has a career and is making a good amount of money. Not someone who is about to graduate college and hasn't had a job since December, and a minimum wage job at that.

Once I get my career going and making decent money it may be able to happen, I definitely want it to. It'll just depend on if I'll be able to take the time off or not, and the money too of course.

This is what I am doing for Prague Death Mass this year. That wasn't even my main reason for going to Europe -- everything just happened to work out perfectly and now I can go to the best fest of the summer.

Eternal Champion is members of Graven Rite, yeah?

Only the vocalist is from Graven Rite. Graven Rite is pretty much defunct now because the other members were focusing more on other projects so the vocalist got a new band and called it Eternal Champion. And it rocks!