SX on XM!!!

Platinum Maze

Random Star
Feb 21, 2003
Oakland, NJ
Well, the emails worked. I was driving to work this morning, and I'm about 1/2 mile from work listening to Yngwie's Cracking The Whip on XM's Bone Yard. The song ends, the next song starts and I recognize it immediately. I look to the display and it reads "Symphony X - The Turning"!!!!!!!! After screaming YES at the top of my lungs, I pulled in the lot and stayed in the car to listen to the end of it. It was the first time I know of that they played Symphony X, and I just know it's only the beginning!

:OMG: :headbang: :OMG: :worship:

Platinum Maze said:
Well, the emails worked. I was driving to work this morning, and I'm about 1/2 mile from work listening to Yngwie's Cracking The Whip on XM's Bone Yard. The song ends, the next song starts and I recognize it immediately. I look to the display and it reads "Symphony X - The Turning"!!!!!!!! After screaming YES at the top of my lungs, I pulled in the lot and stayed in the car to listen to the end of it. It was the first time I know of that they played Symphony X, and I just know it's only the beginning!

:OMG: :headbang: :OMG: :worship:

I heard them played maybe 9 months ago on XM. But very cool to hear they are getting played again...

But still....... It's still the beginning of a long long journey of more Symphony X songs getting put on XM, which should eventually be called Symphony XM. (That was suck a bad pun, I should just punch a baby.)

ptah knemu said:
But still....... It's still the beginning of a long long journey of more Symphony X songs getting put on XM, which should eventually be called Symphony XM. (That was suck a bad pun, I should just punch a baby.)

That was actually pretty funny!

I've been hearing Blackout, Angel, The Distance, and Gaia from Atomic Soul on XM since it was released, but I never heard SX at all in the 14 months I've had it. The channel has some specialty shows that may have played a tune or so, but honestly rocky, you're the first person to say they had heard them.

Yes, they started getting played on Sirius around the time they were added to Gigantour. Which is probably why they were being played on Sirius in the first place.

Actually, Symphony X was added to Sirius Hard Attack before it was announced they were going to be on Gigantour. They were added as a pre-cursor of what is to come which will be a daily progressive specialty segment.

Smoke and Mirrors was added 1st simply because a copy of "The Odyssey" was not readily available and it was the song that made me a fan of the band.

Other songs and bands were to follow soon after their addition, however, this process has been delayed but will be resumed asap.

If you want to hear more from Symphony X, feel free to log on to www.sirius.com and go to the hard attack page and send in your request. All the music is here, just waiting to be heard.

More to come.....
Bill

Masquerade? That's one I wouldn't've expected so soon compared to many other Sym. X songs. I'd've expected some like Evolutoin and Sea of Lies next.

ptah knemu said:
Masquerade? That's one I wouldn't've expected so soon compared to many other Sym. X songs. I'd've expected some like Evolutoin and Sea of Lies next.

I was just as surprised as you. I'm assuming they just have The Odyssey so far... Give them time. lol

Hey, but when their new album comes out in March or whenever, they'll probably have like half of it on there.