Syd Barrett dies

Sydbarrettscar.jpg

Syd Barret
1946 - 2006
Shine on, You Crazy Diamond​

I enjoyed early Floyd & am sad to see him gone. Atleast he no longer has to suffer with Diabetes. So long Syd

At the same time what would Floyd have become if Gilmour had not joined their lineup ??? The chemistry of their 70's lineup was amongst the greatest of all-time.

WeepingMoon said:
have any of you listened to his solo work? i haven't really heard any of it, but i like his early pink floyd stuff

I have not heard the other one but the Madcap Laughs is a very strange album. You can practically hear his psyche starting to crack on a bunch of the songs. It's not exactly a coherent album (but then that was to be expected) but it's fun I think.

Too bad he's gone. Though more than anything it makes me sad thinking how lonely the guy must have been. Though I hope he wasn't. He deserves to have lead a happy life.

They're all pretty strange albums...he was pretty much high on LSD most of the time.He hasn't been active since the mid 70's I believe...I always thought he was in a coma because of the drugs but that was before internet age.
In any chance he will be missed

RIP "Syd"